Leicester City (A) - Post-Match Thread

In KdB's defence he isn't making himself bigger and the ball would have hit him in the face - ie he didn't use his hands to prevent a goal. The Leicester lad did make himself bigger. Having said that, when we were given the pen I turned to my son and said, "That's torn it - we might have scored from the corner!"
The argument that KDB's 'handball' was a pen. was not very serious and only made because Rodgers made a deal of it.

What I found funny yesterday re VAR was the coverage of the stamp in the BT Sports game. Hoddle was commentating and they had the ex-Premier League ref Walton in the studio.

On first showing Hoddle said it was not a red card, and when VAR gave it the OK, Walton in the studio backed the decision to the hilt. Then news came through from Stockley Park that they changed their mind, Hoddle changed his mind too to 50-50 and Walton likewise.

In terms of football, not his safety, did he gain an advantage by shielding his face?

Is the laws gaining an advantage. His hands were raised, eyes shut not having a clue what’s going on. It’s handball and against us I’d want it. Anyone defending it are absolute idiots.

Sure thing, Tom.

You’re not strange at all.

Sure thing, Tom.

haha...

3iytdg.jpg

The argument that KDB's 'handball' was a pen. was not very serious and only made because Rodgers made a deal of it.

What I found funny yesterday re VAR was the coverage of the stamp in the BT Sports game. Hoddle was commentating and they had the ex-Premier League ref Walton in the studio.

On first showing Hoddle said it was not a red card, and when VAR gave it the OK, Walton in the studio backed the decision to the hilt. Then news came through from Stockley Park that they changed their mind, Hoddle changed his mind too to 50-50 and Walton likewise.

Nothing to do with Rodgers. Half time everyone was in agreement it was a pen and it was replayed because it was a major incident. Micah was one of the guests saying it was nailed on.

We have been screwed by the letter of the law more than once in recent seasons ( e.g. Laporte handball v Spurs at home) and thats what happened in this instance. KDB put his hands up to protect his face and that is permitted in the laws of the game.
I wouldnt have argued if a pen had been given but it seems correctly it wasn't

Is the laws gaining an advantage. His hands were raised, eyes shut not having a clue what’s going on. It’s handball and against us I’d want it. Anyone defending it are absolute idiots.

Something Tom would say, that.

My understanding is that if a player is protecting his face instinctively then that is not handball. A handball where the player is deliberately making his profile bigger (as the leicester player did) leads to a penalty. That's a different situation.

Nothing to do with Rodgers. Half time everyone was in agreement it was a pen and it was replayed because it was a major incident. Micah was one of the guests saying it was nailed on.

We never agree Tom but on this i actually do and thought Kevs handball was a penalty.

I would have been screaming for it had it been the other way around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.