Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Leicester were probably the worst opponents (other than the dippers) we could have had today with our injuries and lack of pre-season. Would it have been different if Fern's free header had not been straight at Schmeichal? - who knows?

The most depressing thought of the day is that we really, really should have bought JFE a couple of seasons ago - our defense would be a lot more organised!

im not sure some of our injuries would have made much difference

Kun and Jesus dont sort out our vulnerbaility to counter attacks - thats always there -neither does bernardo Silva

Laporte doesnt solve our defenders inability to not make stupid tackles/grabs at players int he box - he would have been exposed as well.

None of the injures replace Mendy who is a fucking liability and always has been

None of our injuries replace Rodri who has the turning circle of the titanic and cant recover once out of possession

We have lost pace outwide and replaced it with a player who (thogh very early days) doesnt look like he knows whether he is coming or going - ive not seen succh an underwhelming couple fo debut games by a player in a while - hopefully torres can improve but he is going to have to show some fight.

Garcia does not want to play for us. his performance certainly underlined that fact. He shouldn’t play for us again. let THB have the game time.
I said before not good for team morale to play someone who wants to leave.. I don’t get it

Does he ever produce a meaningful save to keep us in a game or to protect us when we're leading a tight game ? He was shite against Lyon. There is no pressure on him for a starting spot and clearly his performance levels have dropped. He can ping it 70 yards to an attacker without fail. I want him to start keeping the ball out of the net too.
Touched the ball five times today, each time taking the ball out of the net. unbelievable.

Ederson- couldn't do much about the goals really.
Walker- silly mistake for the pen but had to do something with Garcia out of position.
Garcia - showed for the average defender he really is and poor for 2 pen decisions and the Vardy goal.
Ake - did OK spent a lot of time covering Mendy because he couldn't get back.
MENDY - I genuinely think his career is finished, a shadow of the player we bought and plays the off field character too much to realise it.
Rodri - too slow and Lazy, doesn't even bother trying to recover when someone passes him.
Dinho- did OK but pointless if he can't last a full match.
Kev- tried hard but got suffocated on his own in the midfield.
Mahrez- again just played for Mahrez, too selfish for us, his half hated attempt at a tackle led to the first pen, doesn't care enough for the team.
Foden- had little effect today, would have preferred him in a more central role alongside Kev when Dinho went off.
RAZ - A Complete passenger centrally, didn't have much influence last week either other than the assist for Foden, needs to step up.
DELAP - Looks promising but didn't get the service he deserved.
TORRES - DON'T THINK WE WILL SEE HIM DO ANYTHING UNTIL 2021

What doesn't sit with me is nearly every time we give a team a chance they score
That because its a full on chance not just a half a chance that Liverpool/ utd give
So surely thats the way we set up. We must be so transparent that when we lose the ball teams know where there can hurt us and it happens time and time again
I thought pep got onto this after his first season everton and leciester away
But for me he is back to being stubborn again
He is right. He will need to earn his extension

Any centre back will look half decent in such a defensive set up, conversely, our set up would make anyone look average at best

It's a tough job defending in City's current team, with a high line & only old or slow folks for close protection.

So the last person you give the job to, is Garcia; if everyone else is dead, you play the reserve keeper there.

JFE would be miles & miles better & still a living hell.

The whole thing, since the restart, has been like watching some weird fucking quantum universe of the football clueless, with a version of Pep possessed by Mel Machin.

People can't see the effect on confidence, this ridiculous gamble has had. Even Laporte was shot to fuck by it & making the most stupid decisions he has ever made.

You could see Ake tonight, wondering what the holy fucking fuck, was going on. Bournemouth have good reason to be shite, we fucking don't.

No excuse whatsoever. It's a fuckup & it was last season.

Draw a fucking line through it & start again.

Ederson- couldn't do much about the goals really.
Walker- silly mistake for the pen but had to do something with Garcia out of position.
Garcia - showed for the average defender he really is and poor for 2 pen decisions and the Vardy goal.
Ake - did OK spent a lot of time covering Mendy because he couldn't get back.
MENDY - I genuinely think his career is finished, a shadow of the player we bought and plays the off field character too much to realise it.
Rodri - too slow and Lazy, doesn't even bother trying to recover when someone passes him.
Dinho- did OK but pointless if he can't last a full match.
Kev- tried hard but got suffocated on his own in the midfield.
Mahrez- again just played for Mahrez, too selfish for us, his half hated attempt at a tackle led to the first pen, doesn't care enough for the team.
Foden- had little effect today, would have preferred him in a more central role alongside Kev when Dinho went off.
RAZ - A Complete passenger centrally, didn't have much influence last week after the assist for Foden, needs to step up.
DELAP - Looks promising but didn't get the service he deserved.
TORRES - DON'T THINK WE WILL SEE HIM DO ANYTHING UNTIL 2021

agree

My biggest concern about today's performance is that it was an extension of the second half against wolves but also Arsenal and lyon. Were so predictable and I fear the dippers will have disappeared over our horizon by Xmas. So I think we are going to be in transition for this season and maybe next. At the end of this season we could have a fight to keep de bryune

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.