Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

I wholeheartedly agree. it's time we coached our players to be better and/or changed the system to help the players out or use our academy

Covid hasn't helped the current situation and the academy players need to be introduced gradually

Think the club has relied on Pep getting the most out of players which he did for two great seasons.

However this papered over some pretty shit buys and awful squad management. This is now (and started last season) coming home to bite.

We can't keep expecting Pep to work miracles and get the best out of players who aren't good enough, have aged or are playing in other positions.

This side needs a LB, CM in the mould of Fernandinho and another forward.

Without that we're going to struggle.

Good question tbh and I'm not sure. It was probably an easy decision to move to the biggest club in Germany when your not starting for City. Would he have felt differently if he was starting? Something tells me no, he'd still have left.
Maybe, but I also got the feeling he really liked the club , teammates and City, Pep was the issue.

But sadly irrelevant now!

We’ve had 5 years of Pep and we have to question his recruitment. He’s not brought one player in that is in the legend bracket or heading towards it.

Kompany, Zabaleta, Aguero, Silva, Toure, Fernandinho, De Bruyne and Sterling all bought before Pep. You could maybe say Ederson is the only one close to joining that group. 1 player in 5 years and millions spent.
Walker immense.
Bernardo immense.
Mahrez hot and cold.
Laporte immense.
Sane immense.

1 player in 5 years and millions spent you say?
Fuckin crank.

When signings work it's great, but at some point we need to accept we will have to pay a premium because other clubs know it and just take it on the chin in order to sign someone.
Every Club thinks we are good for the money.

Not helped by the fact we were going to pay £100,000 000 as a good will gesture for 34 year old Messi.

Tixi,And Pep must have been dumbfounded their beloved Barcelona refused this for a player of his age.Would have helped Barcelona strengthen significantly.He must be still worth a lot of money in merchandise to turn down our offer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.