Leicester City (H) - Sat 15th April, 17:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to go strong for this, zero margin for error. Can see Kev missing out after Tuesday, looked to have done his knee a bit. I’d bring Mahrez or the spider in for him. Walker for Stones, and give Jack an hour.
Put our chances away and we’ll hammer them.

4-0 v. Leicester. Pep will have to rest some players for this match but the team that beat Bayern feels like his best XI, the one he'll want for Bayern away, Madrid and Istanbul. Could it even be the best team he's made since he was at Barcelona, every piece coming together in a way that's at last going to complete his vision of how football should be played?

And this brings to mind the scenes in "Chariots of Fire" with Eric Liddell going for Olympic gold in that 400 m. final in Paris. Drawn in the outside lane he cheerily tells his bemused rivals before the start "I don't suppose I'll see you till after the race" -that's the kind of confidence flowing through this City side. Then as Liddell speeds irresistibly to victory his trainer just sits in the grandstand with a wry approving smile, not needing to cheer or yell because he knows that the talent, hard work, preparation and mental resolve are all there in one place and it won't matter what anyone else does. I think Pep will have a moment like that with this City side and it'll come some time in the second half in Istanbul when he stops being an agitated demon on the touchline, folds his arms and quietly admires the beauty of his creation.

It's April, days are longer and warmer. City are what they say about the French rugby team, they always play better with the sun on their backs. So Come On, City! Allez les Bleus!

4-0 v. Leicester. Pep will have to rest some players for this match but the team that beat Bayern feels like his best XI, the one he'll want for Bayern away, Madrid and Istanbul. Could it even be the best team he's made since he was at Barcelona, every piece coming together in a way that's at last going to complete his vision of how football should be played?

And this brings to mind the scenes in "Chariots of Fire" with Eric Liddell going for Olympic gold in that 400 m. final in Paris. Drawn in the outside lane he cheerily tells his bemused rivals before the start "I don't suppose I'll see you till after the race" -that's the kind of confidence flowing through this City side. Then as Liddell speeds irresistibly to victory his trainer just sits in the grandstand with a wry approving smile, not needing to cheer or yell because he knows that the talent, hard work, preparation and mental resolve are all there in one place and it won't matter what anyone else does. I think Pep will have a moment like that with this City side and it'll come some time in the second half in Istanbul when he stops being an agitated demon on the touchline, folds his arms and quietly admires the beauty of his creation.

It's April, days are longer and warmer. City are what they say about the French rugby team, they always play better with the sun on their backs. So Come On, City! Allez les Bleus!
So romantic. I’ve got a tear in my eye here.

Had Vangelis ringing in my ears reading that.

Keep playing the way we have been playing and we win the match, but Leicester are one of the fixtures that give me the heebies. Saying that we should win and keep the pressure firmly on the tarquins.

Awwww, our very own RAWK post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.