Leicester City (H) - Sat 15th April, 17:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker, Laporte, Gomez, maybe even Phillips, Mahrez.
I'll be very surprised if Gomez or Phillips start any games during the run-in. It takes time to get up to speed with how we play and neither of them are there yet which is understandable given how little they've played but there's too much at stake to start throwing them in at this stage of the season in my opinion.

I know people will say what happens if Rodri gets injured but I honestly think Pep will just play Gundogan there at this point. He's played important games in that position before and knows he can trust him whereas Phillips is still an unknown quantity for us at the moment and represents quite a big risk.

For the rest of this season, I think Phillips and Gomez will continue to be restricted to substitute appearances in games where the three points are already in the bag. They might start against Sheffield United but that's about it, I don't think it'll be until next season that we see them starting league games now.

I know it's important to be fresh for Bayern on Wednesday but this is the PL we're talking about here. I"m confident Pep will start an A++ squad with maybe Mahrez on for either Bernardo or Gundogan. I'd be okay with Alvarez getting the nod as well. Score three in the first half and get Grealish, Haaland, KDB, Dias and Ake off at the 60th minute.

That scouse prick tipster Lewis Jones on the sky sports app predicts a 1-1 draw lol

I’m sure if all his predictions had come true we’d be mid table by now

Missing this one and it's the 2nd home game I've missed this season, which is the first time I've done so since the 96-97 season.

Think it will be a fairly comfortable win but possibly a bit harder now they have a new manager who will be trying to keep it tight.
An early goal would be nice so they have to come out a bit.

I like this line up but would consider replacing Grealish with Palmer... just think Jack needs a little rest. Jack can then come on if required at 60 mins if the game's not won by then...
Ederson Stones Akanji Dias Ake Rodri Gundogan Alvarez Grealish Mahrez Haaland

Smith will morph into Dyche, and George Graham for this with two narrow banks of 5.

Time wasting from the first to the 98 th minute

Patience and ruthlessness all over the pitchand amongst the fans.

The objective is to rest 4 - 5 players without reducing the quality as much as is feasible:

Ederson
Walker Laporte Dias Ake
Mahrez Rodri Bernardo Grealish
Haaland Alvarez
We in the position where we can't drop points, I'd rather we get the game won & then make changes. If its a tight game where we can't bring on the likes of Gomez & Phillips then we have more wriggle room in Munch (I'm not saying start them) & the semi final v Sheffield Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.