Leicester City - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Leicester fan I'm looking forward to this and more than anything just hope it's a good game where the best team wins. We're confident, but so we should be. We're top of the league for a reason.

As a youth back in 1996 I sat in a my mothers car while she went shopping and I listened to you smash us 5-0 in an FA Cup replay. That was painful because almost exactly one year before that we'd beaten you at Maine Road in the Premier League, but we'd since got relegated and had obviously fallen some way behind.

For that reason I got some enjoyment out of you dropping to the third tier while we were bagging top-10 Premier League finishes and routinely winning trophies in the late 90s under Martin O'Neill. When you finally got back to the premier league we beat you again at Maine Road to send you on your way to relegation.

Those were good times. I felt like the two clubs were on approximately equal footing, albeit you lot having a few hundred more fans. But then we had a dark era, and meanwhile you struck oil in the middle east and suddenly became the richest club the game has ever seen. I didn't think there was much chance we'd be facing each other on an equal footing again, at least not until football came to its senses. But here we are. Funny how these things go.

My prediction: 1-1

As a Leicester fan I'm looking forward to this and more than anything just hope it's a good game where the best team wins. We're confident, but so we should be. We're top of the league for a reason.

As a youth back in 1996 I sat in a my mothers car while she went shopping and I listened to you smash us 5-0 in an FA Cup replay. That was painful because almost exactly one year before that we'd beaten you at Maine Road in the Premier League, but we'd since got relegated and had obviously fallen some way behind.

For that reason I got some enjoyment out of you dropping to the third tier while we were bagging top-10 Premier League finishes and routinely winning trophies in the late 90s under Martin O'Neill. When you finally got back to the premier league we beat you again at Maine Road to send you on your way to relegation.

Those were good times. I felt like the two clubs were on approximately equal footing, albeit you lot having a few hundred more fans. But then we had a dark era, and meanwhile you struck oil in the middle east and suddenly became the richest club the game has ever seen. I didn't think there was much chance we'd be facing each other on an equal footing again, at least not until football came to its senses. But here we are. Funny how these things go.

My prediction: 1-1
When you say "routinely winning trophies under Martin o'neill"????

But here we are. Funny how these things go.
It is funny how things go. I was at the King Power for the League Cup game just over two years ago. You looked well set for promotion then but we easily beat you 3-1. I remember some of your fans saying on the walk back to the car that they were frightened about the thought of promotion as they felt you'd struggle badly in the Premier League. And here you are, top of pile. Brilliant.

I hope Pelle plays Sagna alongside Otamendi, with Cliche because of his pace at left back with Zab on the right.
The pace of Leicester worries me, not their height so no need for Demi, his pace or rather lack of it would highlight just how slow he is, unfortunately.
If he plays Sterling he's going to have to track back a lot to cover Mahrez's runs.
Who'd have thought this was going to be one of our biggest games of the season?

The hyperbole around Leicester is similar to the candle holders, season before last.

If we don't win the league then I'd chose Leicester over anyone else's team but I don't agree that they play fantastic football. Like Real Madrid against decent teams, they tend to sit back and take teams on the break. I don't have a problem with the tactics but it's not great football! 30% possession against a shit Liverpool team does not equal great football imho.

Don't want to sound arrogant but think it'll be an easy win for us 3-1 or 4-1

The hyperbole around Leicester is similar to the candle holders, season before last.

If we don't win the league then I'd chose Leicester over anyone else's team but I don't agree that they play fantastic football. Like Real Madrid against decent teams, they tend to sit back and take teams on the break. I don't have a problem with the tactics but it's not great football! 30% possession against a shit Liverpool team does not equal great football imho.

It's definitely not that death by sideways pass form of great football that you've got to look forward to under Peppo next year, but rapid incisive breaks do have a certain charm. I'm sure if Einstein were still alive and regularly tuning into MOTD he'd say something like, "if you can't score simply and quickly, you're not playing the game well enough".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.