Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Well we all know that but for the width of the post and a great stop from Eddie (to name just two very decent chances they had), we could well have thrown away vital points.

Still, a win is a win, some were worried about this game, and we did the business in just 25 minutes.

Very poor second half, but job done and key players given a bit of a rest.
7 pages before someone recognized Eddie.. Critical save.

Good first half, lackluster second half. I liked Leicester setting up with 10 men behind the ball did not prove a problem at all. Second half, disappointing, bench players showed why they are bench players.
Yeh, but I don’t think it was just down to makin that many subs, the tempo dropped off a cliff, and then to make so many subs made it a lot more difficult for the subs to up the pace again. Anyway, another 3 points, pressure back on arsenal

Big 3 points.

How Mahrez lasted 90 mins is beyond me. He was shocking.

Palmer, Gomez & Phillips not good enough for ciry the drop off is too big when they come on. Sadly pep had no choice
Ramadan possibly taking it's toll. Pep probably wanted to give him the full 90 minutes to keep his fitness levels up.

He'll probably start on the bench on Wednesday.

We could have scored 10 but after the subs it could have been 3-3. I sort of understand the subs, baring in mind Bayern on Wednesday, but really that was fucking garbage in the second half of the second half.
Cole Palmer needs to be sold he won't make it with us.

Of the 5 champions league quarter finalists to play so far today, we're the only ones to win. The sixth, Benfica, are at 0-0 with 9 minutes left.
Bayern 1-1 Hoffenheim
Bologna 1-1 AC Milan
Napoli 0-0 Verona
Chelsea 1-2 Brighton
City 3-1 Leicester
Chaves 0-0 Benfica (live)

Rare we get to say this about Pep, but he made the subs too early.

I get why he did it, and we got away with it, but on another day maybe we wouldn't. The five he took off are between them our strength, our solidity and our threat (with absolutely no disrespect intended to the very good players that remained on the pitch). Akanji and Alvarez at half time felt relatively sensible. The drop off in the introduction of the other 3 was significant.

But the first half performance was enough to carry us through, and it's another 3 points on the board, it doesn't have to be pretty. We roll on to the next one.

Cracking weak-foot volley from the incredible Johnny Stones, too, so always something to cheer about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.