Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Arrogance nearly cost us a title shout, the second half drop off was appalling
It's not arrogance.

It's about managing minutes and player's conditioning.

We're still fighting on three fronts. Yes, of course there's going to be a drop in performance if you bring on the likes of Cole, Philips and Gomez.

So what? We won the game and Arsenal have gone from eight points in front to three.

Our squad depth is one of the biggest myths in football right now. Shambolic second half..

This team for all they've won shows their soft underbelly far too often.

Anyone thinking that Bayern tie is done and dusted is fooling themselves.
Have a stiff drink and a good joint and the underbelly will soon leave you.

Second half was more of a training run than anything else.

Yeah, 1st lesson, don't bring on Philips for Rodri
Said in the match thread, Phillips did well to close down the angles when Maddison was one-on-one with Ederson.

He's had very little game this season, so he's bound to be a bit rusty. Plus, we don't know what instructions Pep had given him prior to coming on today. Rodri took a full season to settle in to that role, so we can't expect him to be anywhere near that level just yet.

Well; on the "glass half full" side of the fence, that second half should have helped Pep with picking his team for the remaining games. I get why he made the subs he did. We (hopefully) have a crammed schedule for the remainder of the season, and the squad needs to be managed. There seemed to be no point leaving the likes of Kev, Erling and Stones on and risk them picking up injuries in what, AT THAT STAGE, seemed a dead game. But the players that came on were clearly inferior to those they replaced. I can’t criticise them too much. It's not Phillips' fault that he's nowhere near Rodri's standards. Not every player could be a world beater. For every Dias, there's 10 Mangalas. But the starting XI in the remaining games should be clear in Pep's mind now. The XI for next weekend could be interesting, mind. Will he risk sacrificing the FA Cup for the bigger prizes? I watched the Sheffield United game earlier, and they looked good. Whereas that team we had on for the last 20-30 minutes didn't.

I’ve decided that the second half simply didn’t happen.

With that in mind, brilliant performance! Haaland is absolutely unreal. We’re lucky to be witnessing him, who knows how high he can go
I just wish Pep would stop subbing him all the time.

The moans about the second half is ridiculous. To make that many changes is going to effect the team.
Changing one or two no problems changing half the team of course theres a risk.
I think the pundits are making more of this than it was.

Matchday thread was good in the second half lol

That could have been our Liverpool at Palace in 2014 moment. 3-0 up at half time and fell to pieces with the evaporation of attitude, triggered by Guardiola needlessly resting players!

As soon as you withdraw Rodri and insert Philips, you might as well play with 10 men. Frankly I hope he never dons a City shirt again as he's a complete liability. Thank God he kept Bernardo on or we could have bloody lost that!
Yep I just don't get it
1 or 2 yes but basically changing half the team is going to cause problems and it did .
Absolute fuck up from pep that 2nd half.
We got away with it

It's not arrogance.

It's about managing minutes and player's conditioning.

We're still fighting on three fronts. Yes, of course there's going to be a drop in performance if you bring on the likes of Cole, Philips and Gomez.

So what? We won the game and Arsenal have gone from eight points in front to three.
arrogance, Palmer, Gomez, Phillips simply not good enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.