Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

My first reaction after the whistle went was that the second half was a bit of a shambles, but tbh looking back, I think that's a bit over the top. However I do think that pep got it a bit wrong in the second half.

Personally think another like 10-15mins of haaland after HT would of fully killed the game, but even if not, at least trying to actually score a goal in the 2nd half would of killed it off, just think it was a little complacent to try and play it out with a million passes, and they had chances to take advantage of that.

Ultimately it doesn't matter as we got the 3 points, but something just didn't sit right with me in that second half, especially from like 55mins on.
Tbf it was only an outstanding save by Iversen from Mahrez's shot on the hour that kept it at 3-0.

As this seasons wears on it seems clear to me that Phillips isn’t the player we thought. Pep doesn’t trust him and he’s not threatening Rodri at all. When he’s on the pitch we look vulnerable. He was awful for Leicester’s goal. He played Kelechi onside and got in Ederson’s way so the ball broke to Kelechi.

It’s getting increasingly obvious that our core squad is about 16 outfield players. Players like Philips and Gomez don’t seem to fit in to this side. Palmer needs to start showing a lot more.

As this seasons wears on it seems clear to me that Phillips isn’t the player we thought. Pep doesn’t trust him and he’s not threatening Rodri at all. When he’s on the pitch we look vulnerable. He was awful for Leicester’s goal. He played Kelechi onside and got in Ederson’s way so the ball broke to Kelechi.

It’s getting increasingly obvious that our core squad is about 16 outfield players. Players like Philips and Gomez don’t seem to fit in to this side. Palmer needs to start showing a lot more.
Phillips is coming in for the same sort of criticism that Rodri, Mahrez and Grealish received during their first season with us, although, admittedly, they had more game time than Kalvin has had so far.

The shoulder surgery didn’t help, but he’s on the end of some unjustified attacks, similar to those levelled at the three I mentioned above.

As I was with Jack last season, I’m sure Phillips will come good next term.

Phillips is coming in for the same sort of criticism that Rodri, Mahrez and Grealish received during their first season with us, although, admittedly, they had more game time than Kalvin has had so far.

The shoulder surgery didn’t help, but he’s on the end of some unjustified attacks, similar to those levelled at the three I mentioned above.

As I was with Jack last season, I’m sure Phillips will come good next term.
In fairness all the players you mentioned showed glimpses of the talent hidden within. Phillips hasnt shown anything

In fairness all the players you mentioned showed glimpses of the talent hidden within. Phillips hasnt shown anything
And showed up over his agreed weight from the WC. If he does stay, he really needs to make sure he comes back early to pre-season and puts the work in. Try and show something, like Zinny did, like Ake has been doing, wait your turn and maybe something will happen. But, imo, its all down to him and a bit of luck now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.