Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

FWIW, I thought Pep did the right thing with the substitutions yesterday.

As he pointed out in his post-match interview, Erling and John are coming back from injuries, and had played the full 90 minutes against Bayern.

Kevin, Jack and Rodri are all vital members of the team, and it was the correct decision to take them off.

The blokes in the seats behind us were moaning like fuck that he should have left the team as it was for another 15 minutes or so, but the XI that finished the game did enough to preserve the victory. The clean sheet didn’t matter; the three points and an unscathed squad ready for Wednesday were the only things that did.

FWIW, I thought Pep did the right thing with the substitutions yesterday.

As he pointed out in his post-match interview, Erling and John are coming back from injuries, and had played the full 90 minutes against Bayern.

Kevin, Jack and Rodri are all vital members of the team, and it was the correct decision to take them off.

The blokes in the seats behind us were moaning like fuck that he should have left the team as it was for another 15 minutes or so, but the XI that finished the game did enough to preserve the victory. The clean sheet didn’t matter; the three points and an unscathed squad ready for Wednesday were the only things that did.
Sensible post. There are a lot of spoilt bastards out there who won't see the bigger picture. When a game is won, wrap the crown jewels in cotton wool. Our run-in is ridiculously hectic if we get through Bayern. Pep had to take those risks yesterday with what potentially lies ahead. It paid off because we won. We will not only have to be good, but lucky as well if we're to go all the way in three competitions. To have effectively won after 25 minutes is the stuff of dreams when you're in our situation. We only have to be average (by our standards) in our next two games to progress in both competitions. The old "one game at a time" is a worthless, redundant cliché. Pep is gearing us up for Arsenal at home. If we win that game, there won't be anyone complaining about what we did at home to Leicester.

I think Pep likes to remind the powers that be from time to time that we are not as strong as the media make out. He achieved that yesterday!
I really think we need to strengthen that Midfield in the summer, especially if Bernie and Gundog are off(Bernie I'm hoping will stay)don't know what will happen with Phillips, another one the master needs to work his magic on. Oh, and a left back would be nice.

My first reaction after the whistle went was that the second half was a bit of a shambles, but tbh looking back, I think that's a bit over the top. However I do think that pep got it a bit wrong in the second half.

Personally think another like 10-15mins of haaland after HT would of fully killed the game, but even if not, at least trying to actually score a goal in the 2nd half would of killed it off, just think it was a little complacent to try and play it out with a million passes, and they had chances to take advantage of that.

Ultimately it doesn't matter as we got the 3 points, but something just didn't sit right with me in that second half, especially from like 55mins on.
Wtf ? Imagine if Kev or Rodri got injured in that second half? Pep got it spot on as the final score proved.

If someone would have offered me 3-1 and our key players being rested at half time at the beginning of the game I’d have snapped their hand off.

It was a proper professional performance and these games at the ones which enable you to go far in all competitions.

On a side note, James Maddison was excellent today and if he’s available in the summer, we should be all over it.
Maddison is an absolute twat as I've experienced first hand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.