Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

My first reaction after the whistle went was that the second half was a bit of a shambles, but tbh looking back, I think that's a bit over the top. However I do think that pep got it a bit wrong in the second half.

Personally think another like 10-15mins of haaland after HT would of fully killed the game, but even if not, at least trying to actually score a goal in the 2nd half would of killed it off, just think it was a little complacent to try and play it out with a million passes, and they had chances to take advantage of that.

Ultimately it doesn't matter as we got the 3 points, but something just didn't sit right with me in that second half, especially from like 55mins on.

Hypothetical question and God/KDB forbid.
If Rodri did get injured and Kalvin clearly not up to the mark then who could we play in midfield holding ?
Maybe depending on the opposition it would change.
Any thoughts ?
Gundo
Bernardo KDB ........
.........but it won't happen right .......right??

Our intention after the 3rd goal was just to keep the ball to avoid Leicester attacks. Once their players realized we had no intention to properly attack, they were emboldened and made it difficult for us. Our problems weren't down only to the quality of the squad players but to our desire to save energy and avoid injuries before Bayern. It was pointless to put 6 past Leicester and risk fatigue and injuries. Job done.

I wonder whether our problems in the last 15 minutes will change our plans for SU game. Pep may be wary of starting all of Phillips, Gomez and Palmer.
Great point about FA semi. I don't think any of those 3 will start. Neither will Rico or Perrone. That leaves 14 guys for 10 spots as I'm expecting Foden to be back in the squad training come Monday but not ready to start...we'll see.

I'm gonna start calling Gomez, Charlie Bucket. Because he plays like a player who won the golden ticket to play in a Premier league side.
I feel for the kid. The absolute worst defender on corners I may have ever seen, regardless of his lack of height.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.