Leicester (H) Post-Match Thread

We were brilliant today.. Everyone contributed and did their job..

Kev was unplayable, Ilkay was sublime and the rest ran their bollocks off, closing down, forcing errors and winning the ball back high up the pitch..

We beat a very good team tonight and made it look easy..

No problem with their goal, class finish by Vardy..

We might not retain the title but I love my team, play like today going forward and we'll be just fine..!

That's what it's about. Trophies are nice, but watching great football week in week out throughout the season, is the game for me.
2 days after any trophy and it's about the next one or next season. We know we have not been that good, in certain games, but we should
all remember how fucking good these players and team are. Sadly there are many amongst us, who choose to ignore this and have a childish
strop every time something doesn't go our way and resort to puerile abuse of players.

Regarding Mahrez< i wonder whether he knew he had the ability to beat his old team mate because you're right. He was unplayable and an unplayable I haven't seen from him in a long while if ever.

Mahrez needs to take this performance and kick on. His first touch/ control is sensational and when he runs at pace and direct his ability to change direction is tremendous.

More proof that actually City are the best team in the PL, and KDB the best player.

I know the league table doesn't say that currently, but Liverpool rarely (if ever) reach the heights that City are capable of ?

This is the same point Alistair Mann made post-match in City Square. He said he'd seen Liverpool a few times this season and they don't play the stuff we saw City dish up today!!

Best City performance for ages.
Mahrez was on fire in the first half, De Bruyne in the second. City should have scored 6 or 7 but only scored 3. Leicester only really had 2 chances and scored from the first.

Mendy had his best game for us. The player I thought we were getting.

Now although we were great with the ball today, I just dont understand Otamendi & Fern (slow) against Vardy (fast). Walker should have probably played centre half. But in the end it didn't matter we were by far the better team.

Agree very much to all your points, except CB:

Pep wants accurate ball control in our build-up.
Walker had many sloppy touches and passes today (but a great through ball to Kev leading to the 3rd goal!),
doing that as CB would be no fun...

I also think Walker is our weakest player in build-up, always close to a brain fart,
that's why Pep won't rate him much as CB, IMO.

Really enjoyed that. Nice to kind of play without too much pressure. Thought we were a pleasure to watch.

You just never know!!

That performance was at (or very very close) to the level we consistently hit last season and the season before) - everyone today was either very good pr outstanding.

Someone (probably Pep) had clearly put a rocket up Mahrez arse after his last two performances - thats the level he needs to hit consistently - running a defenders with pace and clear determination instead of some of the half arsed stuff we have seen at times. (hoping it want just because it was against his old team).

Gundogan - I have been highly critical of him consistently but today he was very good - i like the fact that he made tactical fouls for a start instead of letting players breeze past him unchallenged...he also lnked play very well and was typically German in the taking of his penalty!

KDB - even ~Carragher on my stream described him as the best player in the premiership - that was another 10/10 from him today - he was angry and you could see he used that anger in a very positive way.

I thought Leicester would give us more problems thatn they did and the fact that they didnt either means they are cowards or they have been overrated this season and overachieving. They had the firepower to really cause us consistent problems but baring 3-4 occasions they failed to do so. -This could be a compliment to us for the way we pressed and played.

I like Bernardo more centrally and `kdb further forward he is lethal and teams are terrified of him.

An excellent performance and more importantly it was at the elvel of the last two seasons in my opinion.

Arteta leaves and we play the best we have all season.

latest

Best team in the league. Give me that De Bruyne and Mahrez plus Sergio and Raheem at their best, a healthy Laporte -- and who is actually better than City? No one in Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.