Leicester (H) Post-Match Thread

I’m a pessimistic arsehole at heart but I thought we were brilliant this evening.

We completely outclassed one of the form teams in the country.

Reactions: dom
Problem is he's pushing 30, not 21. He's never going to stop being selfish, he's never going to be clinical, he's never going to stop beating someone, then choose to try and beat another instead of making a pass which could lead to a goal.
Oh, I agree that he is more likely to remain the same than improve in that regard, unfortunately for him and us, but it is still *possible* for him to become reasonably better at decision-making, unselfish play, and consistency. And, once more, his skill set and talents do not rely on pace or physicality, so if he could improve in those ways, he could genuinely be one of the best players in the world for the next five years.

I am not confident he will, just asserting that it’s not as if he has to improve *that* much to become elite (again, some might say). Which should be something the coaching staff should be whispering in his ear.

Great game. Gundogan, Mahrez, Mendy, hell even Otamendi did well tonight!

Peps line-ups continue to surprise me, but he nailed it tonight. KDB is out of this world. Any team in the world could only dream of having him.

When Laporte is back and we buy a long term parner to him, we will be very hard to stop.

Excellent showing from the blues after losing the 1st goal. Another fortuitous deflection got us back into the game quickly and after that, we really built on it & went on to dominate/pummel them. Taught them a lesson to be frank. Gave them too much space down our right in the 1st half though but once that was sorted, nae probs.
Gundo was very good, controlled things from midfield, great 1st half from Mahrez, superb 2nd half from KDB.
That 2nd half was possibly our best of the season, we controlled the pace of that half.

Great performance, love Mahrez improving constantly and KDB hitting peak form. Mendy put in a rare solid shift - hope he can string in a few more, if not, I fear for his hold on the team with Pep losing patience. Feels like Sterling is at times returning to his old-form of always missing opportunities. Would like to see Pep give Foden more time.

It's clear where the 'clearout' will be for Pep in summer.
  • Walker consistently loses the ball and places misplaced passes. Also has lost a level of pace which was a core attribute.
  • Otamendi - obvious defensive deficiency
  • Stones - may be replaced - too unreliable with injuries. Even before this current injury, Pep wasn't a regular.
  • Silva - contract
  • Sane - contract

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.