Leicester (H) Post-Match Thread

Such an encouraging display. Mendy showing what a player he can be. Mahrez is just amazing and so talented. Nothing more to say about KDB...simply the best player in the PL. Bernardo revelled in his new midfield role. Could have easily been 6 or 7 if chances had been taken.

My Glenmorangie is gonna taste good tonight.

I really, really enjoyed that. We played brilliantly, far better performance than any put out by those candle waiving pricks this season... which is probably the frustrating thing.

Problem is he's pushing 30, not 21. He's never going to stop being selfish, he's never going to be clinical, he's never going to stop beating someone, then choose to try and beat another instead of making a pass which could lead to a goal.

This is probably as good as it gets.
I agree, but if we can atleast get this kind of performance from him more consistently, even with its flaws, I'd be much happier.

I was a bit worried by the line up pre-match but Pep got it spot on. Leicester have the best defensive record in the Premier League and we made them look very dodgy at the back.
The dippers needed a very dodgy penalty in extra time to beat them.

Great performance, love Mahrez improving constantly and KDB hitting peak form. Mendy put in a rare solid shift - hope he can string in a few more, if not, I fear for his hold on the team with Pep losing patience. Feels like Sterling is at times returning to his old-form of always missing opportunities. Would like to see Pep give Foden more time.

It's clear where the 'clearout' will be for Pep in summer.
  • Walker consistently loses the ball and places misplaced passes. Also has lost a level of pace which was a core attribute.
  • Otamendi - obvious defensive deficiency
  • Stones - may be replaced - too unreliable with injuries. Even before this current injury, Pep wasn't a regular.
  • Silva - contract
  • Sane - contract

Very much doubt we'll be getting rid of Walker. He's been very good lately.

One thing to notice this season in general, is that with an attacking LB, we overload the left side in a kind of 3-4-3 and leave the right winger free.

This is probably better for Mahrez in the long run so he is less involved in build up and more involved in taking on his man.

Now... replace Mahrez with Sane and let him have the added weapon of his pace on the right side. Must keep Sane...

Loads better today, 3-1 flattered Leicester should've been more. Kev motm again closely followed by Mendy ( is he finding form at last). Let's keep it going boys, some really tough matches coming up. Is Kev injured?

Reactions: dom

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.