Leicester (H) Post-Match Thread

This reminded me of nothing so much as Liverpool at the Etihad last season. Every man on the money, every man doing his duty. In the PL, there's no-one who can live with us when we're like that, and I wonder who in Europe, actually. Leicester are a good team, but we throttled them.
What was the atmosphere like? Did the crowd play its part as twelth man? (Let a friend have my seat. She gets to see all the great performances, grrr...)

Really pleased for Mendy and Mahrez. They both needed that performance. Especially Mendy after his long injury.
Bernardo was excellent in MF, allowing KDB more freedom.
Raz having an off day, but still causing enough problems for the opposition.
If only we had been playing like this in the games we lost this season we wouldn’t be in the position we are.

It was generally a great performance, and I am very happy with most player’s showing...

But I will say that we could still improve our control once we go up. Specifically, not give away the ball so needlessly, so often, giving the opposition hope that they could get back in to it. We were very sloppy for the last 20 minutes of the match, even if we ultimately saw it out without much incident, and I am sure that is something Pep and co will talk about in training over the next few days.

Fantastic. Tactics and attitude bob on from the start.
Excellent performances right through the team, but perhaps special mention for a few of those who come in for plenty of stick. Mahrez was outstanding first half, Mendy was really solid, Gundogan ran the show in midfield. And I thought Otamendi was very good - takes real balls to play as high as that against Vardy, but absolutely vital to allowing us to press as well as we did.

What an entertaining and excellent game. Credit to Leicester and Rogers for their part but today it felt like we were back to our best.

Mahrez and Debruyne stand out performers, i hope Mahrez can build on this display

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.