Leicester Post Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tone was set in the first minute when Yaya bottled a 50/50 with Kante.

Leicester just wanted it more than we did today, sad but true. Pellegrini playing Delph on the left was just mind boggling, he needed to be sat in with Fernandinho so they could win the midfield battle. Pellegrini picking Kolarov over Clichy against Mahrez, well Manuel that's why your out of a job.

It's so predictable, every time we play against high energy opposition who are willing to have a go we go to pieces. You knew what Leicester were going to do, the only thing they can do, sit back and hit on the break. So why not just sit Fernando behind Fernandinho and Delph to stop that happening, then it's just a waiting game till Sergio scores.
This was the same against Liverpool, same against spurs too. The excuse of 14 fit players is bollocks as every one of them is a full international (besides maybe nacho). Only one manager would continue playing yaya right now, unfortunately he's our manager at the moment..

The tone was set in the first minute when Yaya bottled a 50/50 with Kante.

Leicester just wanted it more than we did today, sad but true. Pellegrini playing Delph on the left was just mind boggling, he needed to be sat in with Fernandinho so they could win the midfield battle. Pellegrini picking Kolarov over Clichy against Mahrez, well Manuel that's why your out of a job.

It's so predictable, every time we play against high energy opposition who are willing to have a go we go to pieces. You knew what Leicester were going to do, the only thing they can do, sit back and hit on the break. So why not just sit Fernando behind Fernandinho and Delph to stop that happening, then it's just a waiting game till Sergio scores.

Agree with all that and will add that the game needed us to be more direct but instead of that we got Delph and Kolorov pissing about on the left trying to surgically feed balls through to two of the shortest men on the field through a densely packed MF......madness

My blood is still boiling at those two subs on 50 mins too....game was crying out for them (and I never understood why we didn't start with two up front) but to not make the changes at the break and only do it when we were 2 down shows how inept MP is

Yaya (especially in a midfield two) and Silva are far too soft to play together in big games now. Players run past Yaya for fun and Silva's form is quite frankly terrible.

Our two quickest defenders, Mangala and Clichy, being on the bench was strange. I didn't understand that at all and it clearly didn't work. Demichelis against Vardy? Really Pellegrini?

Hurry up summer when we get a manager who deserves to manage this squad. Pellegrini has been absolutely horrendous this season and nobody can convince me otherwise. Pellegrini's favourite players can put in poor performances in every week and nothing happens - they just play the next week.

Tottenham, a team of kids, are now ahead of us and Leicester City are going to win the league. Jesus, that's bad.

Mangala is out for the next three weeks at least suffering another set back to an injury which MP has never really detailed.

Won't be on our bench for a while.

Silva although playing poorly and obviously playing with a suspect ankle will miss a few games as well.

Hope he can get an operation in the summer and fully recover even if he misses the first part of next season.

If he plays in the Euro's he will be crocked for sure come the start of next season.

Pep has his work cut out for him as its the weakest squad ( current one anyway ) and the biggest challenge he has had in the toughest league to succeed.

I think he is up to it but you hope MP can still manage to get us to limp into Chumps League next season.

Other than a League Cup final its all we have to look forward to this year.

Forget the title was are cactus as our squad is not deep enough or has enough quality and MP fails continually to do the right things to ensure we get maximum result from games we should be winning like today.

had a changing of a guard feel to it for some of our players, hope pep was taking note of some of the performances out there, i'm sure he will,
deservedly beaten, and i'll have half what kolorov was on as i'm sure he must of been pissed
not seen a player fade as much as yaya, sad really, should be taken out of the firing line for his and our good

In fairness there were a few of bluemoons finest saying we shouldn't treat Leicester like Barcelona, we have better players, they are average,we will batter them, no special tactics needed(not that we do tactics)

Pellegrini is an idiot but he does have a few to keep him warm and deluded

Points trophy, in 4 competitions, nice bloke etc etc.....

Watching them slowly drown is the only entertainment to be had this season, how we ended up with Eddie the eagle of football managers is beyond me
You do wonder what goes on in Pellegrini's mind. "This week we are up against Jamie Vardy, one of the league's fastest players. I think I will bring Martin Demichalis in for this one!"

Leicester deserved it. Sadly I knew the result (if not the score) as soon as the match kicked off. I just couldn't believe by eyes that Delph was playing as a left sided AM rather than as a DM. And yes Yaya was playing DM. Top that off with a high defensive line - giving Vardy a match up against DeMichalis and you just stare at your feet in disbelief.
Anyhow after a warning shot with Vardy leaving DM for dead they got a set piece and low and behold Huth scores from a wicked deflection off DeMichalis that Hart would have saved otherwise. "Ah well at least it's woken City up" thought I but oh no not a bit of it. City get caught in the break repeatedly and only 2 stops by Joe in one in ones keeps the score down. The whole team is playing pants. Worst is YaYa who just couldn't give a shit then Silva and Sterling who just keep giving the ball away. Just crazy stuff.
After the break it's worse. Seriously great goal by Mahez and a free header at a corner for Huth with Joe stopping Vardy on another two occasions.
Going 4-4-2 stops the rot somewhat but we only Buck up when Silva goes off. Just what has happened to him? Carrying a slight injury can't help but he's done that before. It's giving the ball away the way he is that is shocking.
Anyway Celina comes on and suddenly we're dynamic and start doing things on both flanks. Got one back from Aguero but could easily have got another back. Too little to late mind.
Does Pellegini even bother watching videos of the opposition?
City man of the match: Joe Hart - it would have just been embarrassing if he hadn't saved 4 one on ones.
Can City still win it? Yes of course they can but not if Pellers keeps ignoring what the opposition bring to the table.

McManaman spot on post match ripping into our lack of defensive desire and lack of defensive organisation. 'I dont know what they've been doing in training, but ...'
Neither do I Steve.
Look at the website they seem to just be having a laugh at training.Our 2 centre halves train with gloves and scarves on and look like proper Jessies!I would never allow my players to wear gloves in training or in matches, it gives the wrong impression and if I was playing against anyone wearing them I would be right into the soft git! Also picking our slowest defenders against the fastest forward line in the league defies belief!!What exactly does that guy who sits next to Pelli do?It's a total joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.