Leicester Post Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tolm, I heard a while ago (don't remember where) that Yaya had been guaranteed starts in his contract...brushed it off as I thought that's impossible to implement and just plain ridiculous.

Now I'm wondering...any truth to this?

Heard this down the years but would highly doubt it?

Simply put, he used to be one of our best players but we have had a manager in charge these last couple of years who fails to recognise or address the elephant in the room, that he's not up to it.

IMO, Yaya's ego is such, he has no challengers to his authority in the dressing room.

We have a bunch of nice guys who haven't got the bollocks to stand up to Yaya and tell him how it is.

I remember Milner getting on his case after one game and Yaya went down the tunnel at half time practically trying to bully Jimmy for having the temerity to question him.

It's days like this I wish for a Craig Bellamy...

Still depressed.

Just can't get over how bad that was.

4 months without back to back wins. Fucking disgraceful.

This and our results against the top six are disgraceful, no top team in Europe would have stuck with a manager with performances so dire, by any measurements he is an utter failure, he is one lucky bloke that's for sure, timing is the only reason he is here

The tone was set in the first minute when Yaya bottled a 50/50 with Kante.

Leicester just wanted it more than we did today, sad but true. Pellegrini playing Delph on the left was just mind boggling, he needed to be sat in with Fernandinho so they could win the midfield battle. Pellegrini picking Kolarov over Clichy against Mahrez, well Manuel that's why your out of a job.

It's so predictable, every time we play against high energy opposition who are willing to have a go we go to pieces. You knew what Leicester were going to do, the only thing they can do, sit back and hit on the break. So why not just sit Fernando behind Fernandinho and Delph to stop that happening, then it's just a waiting game till Sergio scores.

Clearly has his favourites does Manuel. Yaya is at the stage of his career now where he needs to be used as an impact player against tired legs, not as a starter in front of that defence. Delph isn't a top shelf player but he was no worse than anyone else on the pitch today, wrong decision to bring him off imo.

Sterling is having his ability to go past a player coached out of him (just like Navas) and this is the reason he usually comes inside, but not until the opposition has managed to get their whole team behind the ball.

We play with no intensity, we don't close down, we don't get back at pace, we don't go forward at pace. It is boring, ineffective shite that Stuart fucking Pearce would have been ashamed of.

For their 2nd goal today, Zab made a tackle on the edge of their box and went to ground. Both Yaya and Silva were in the same area. Neither tracked back in Zabs place. The Leicester player strolled forward fully 40/50 yards and we backed off him completely. It was pathetic.

I'm convinced Manuel NEVER researches our opponents strengths and weaknesses. He isn't arsed one jot. The fucking ball rolled into the technical area when we were chasing the game and he didn't move a fucking muscle. He stood still and watched it roll past him. What message does that convey to the players?

I have no issue with losing a game, or even 10 games if stuff just isn't going right for us as long as we're having a go, trying different things, putting a shift in. The shit we watched today was pathetic and inexcusable. We're far from out of the race, but fucking hell, we're making it very difficult for ourselves.

Fair play to Leicester. They had a plan and it worked. They worked hard at their jobs and their manager clearly gives a fuck.

Brilliant post.

Pellegrini said: "We're not in our best moment - we have just 14 players fit. We need to recover as soon as we can from this defeat.

Most of these were struggle with injuries during the Jan transfer window....I understand why we didnt buy with a new manager coming but we did nothing to help the situation when we had the chance, so Pelle cant really use this as an excuse.......

Simply put, he used to be one of our best players but we have had a manager in charge these last couple of years who fails to recognise or address the elephant in the room, that he's not up to it.

IMO, Yaya's ego is such, he has no challengers to his authority in the dressing room.

We have a bunch of nice guys who haven't got the bollocks to stand up to Yaya and tell him how it is.

I remember Milner getting on his case after one game and Yaya went down the tunnel at half time practically trying to bully Jimmy for having the temerity to question him.

Yes, and with a golf club in his hand.

Do you remember when we the Etihad used to be a fortress and we'd rarely get beat and score 2 or more.

Now teams have come without fear because they know we'll give them enough space to run and pass with the ball.

I remember teams in the Champions League also thinking the same against Mancini teams at the Etihad.

Premier League teams have simply come late to the party, a by-product of lesser clubs being able to recruit decent foreign technical talent.

Payet and Mahrez spring to mind.

We are the best flat-track bullies in the world but less teams are inclined to not have a go back these days, against a team still reliant on its former stars and ageing legs.

and a CARLOS TEVEZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.