Leicester Post Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with everything you say on here. I really think Pellegrini either believes it's all about what we do and not them (that's naïve and disrespectful to the opposition at best and damn stupid at work or he's was told on his appointment that his remit is to play attacking football at all costs. It produces a lazy, arrogant approach that just won't cut it. The other thing is, the players are clearly not fit enough for the demands of the PL. Core fitness is gained in pre-season but the players are not able to produce high energy performances at anything like the frequency required. Training should be damn hard work for all of them. I'm not convinced the training and fitness ethos at the club is anything like strict enough.
I don't think strict is in his makeup. The nice guy stuff only goes so far. You're spot on about fitness though and I think the training regime needs questioning beyond that. what do they actually do? There seems to be no cohesion whatsoever. How can we be so poor positionally, constantly, without the manager and coaches not seeing it and not doing something, anything about it.

We won't get any sympathy for this because we spend millions but whilst we may have the most talented squad in the league, we don't have the biggest (or if we do we are contending with more injuries than anyone). Our bench today was not good enough for a team challenging on all fronts in addition to a team relying on one or two individuals who's powers are declining - injuries are clearly taking their toll (maybe Silva now too?). Making for a very frustrating season.....that said ofcourse, today was another baffling if not embarrassing defeat, the kind of which we believed had been left behind years ago. Happened too often.

I'm all for playing attacking football and am grateful to Pellegrini for producing a side playing the best football I have ever seen at City but I'm becoming slightly disillusioned at watching us cross balls into boxes with us vastly outnumbered by opposition players only for them to break on us with relative ease. We won't be winning anything, if we don't improve what we do without the ball. Aside from conceding goals it prevents us from ever getting a real head of steam up the other way either.

It's now fair to say Yaya and Silva are regressing. We can't keep relying on Kun/De Bruyne to bail us out with individual class. I wouldn't be surprised if we take a serious look at Mahrez this summer.

Do you remember when we the Etihad used to be a fortress and we'd rarely get beat and score 2 or more.

Now teams have come without fear because they know we'll give them enough space to run and pass with the ball.

Do you remember when we the Etihad used to be a fortress and we'd rarely get beat and score 2 or more.

Now teams have come without fear because they know we'll give them enough space to run and pass with the ball.
Mancini must have a wry smile about that.

Don't usually get too annoyed at football, but that today has well and truly done me in.

For starters, what on Earth was that first goal!? Yaya wimped out of yet another tackle, Hart didn't catch the cross and then they more or less walked past Kolarov (?) to get the FK which led to the goal. From start to finish just an utter shambles. Yet, I was actually reasonably content at HT knowing that we were only 1 down and couldn't surely be as bad as that. How wrong I was, we were even worse! How Kolarov got back on the pitch for the 2nd half is a disgrace. That 1st half from him was one of the worst i've seen in a long while. For him to then finish the game as captain, words can't even describe.

That defence, as has been the case all season, is just a disaster waiting to happen. And happens every time we play any half decent side. We got away with it on Tuesday because Sunderland couldn't put the ball in the net. Leicester could quite easily have had 6/7 today it was that bad. As much as I love Zaba, he just isn't good enough for us anymore. Sagna has been much better yet is constantly rotated. Why!? Clichy is a better defender (just) than Kolarov, much quicker to deal with Leicester's pace, yet is dropped. Again, why!? Yaya is just useless. I'd have him as an impact sub, yet I highly doubt he'd be able to make an impact these days. Silva has been awful for weeks.

Leicester to their credit were excellent all over the pitch. Every single time Aguero or Silva got the ball they had 3 men round each of them to cut off the threat. Yet when faced against Vardy and Mahrez, we leave them 1v1, and give them incredible amounts of space to cause us trouble. Nobody got anywhere near Kante, who is the type of player we are desperately missing.

Lose next week and I really can't see any hope of us winning the league at all. Nor do we deserve to. If we don't, I really hope Leicester do. To be top of the league with 13 games left with Huth, Morgan, Drinkwater, Simpson and Albrighton in your starting 11 is some incredible achievement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.