Leicester pre-match thread (29/12/2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is one game i want Mangala to look like a £40m defender , this is it , we need to make a statement and give Leicester a reminder of how far away they are from being title contenders , a win at leicester will leave the media a bit subdued , and Wenger and the goons smugness will be replaced with an overdue reality check.

The reality is we have already beat Leicester 5-2 and have just beaten man city too and stand top of the league..

There is no other reality

Can't see our away form suddenly getting better in this game

Actually Karen if you look back to 2013/14, our away form was similarly dismal, and then a switch flipped at the Hawthorns and I think we didn't lose again away until the famous Candle-day, which was obviously God-decreed.

The reality is we have already beat Leicester 5-2 and have just beaten man city too and stand top of the league..

Among that reality is also an old fashioned thrashing by Southampton and a home loss to Olympiakos. Nothing wrong with being quietly confident, but I wouldn't get giddy just yet or there is a nice scouser movie we can send you as a new year gift.

with arse winning we need to win this because arse next game is newcastle at home while we will be away again at watford we can't afford to let arse gaining advantage of 5-6 pts over us after this 2 games...

The way we couldn't let United be 8pts clear with 6 games to go?

Pretty sure that 4-0 defeat at St Mary's was a reality, too.

You're not that convincing. Probably the best of a poor top 4 though.

Yes there is another reality , we have won the title twice in three seasons , you have bottled it , for the last decade , and you will bottle it again , you keep on enjoying your trips to wembley ,and leave the serious stuff to us .

We have to adapt our tactics tomorrow and set up to be more compact, restricting not only the space in behind but also the space just in front of the back four. Vardy and Mahrez will tear us apart on the counter attack if we leave ourselves as open and vulnerable as we usually do away from home. Navas and Sterling's pace and work rate either side of an all action duo of Fernandinho and Delph in midfield with Silva supporting De Bruyne for me, leaving Yaya on the bench to come on and either kill the game with his passing if we can get in front or to give us a different option if we need to risk it late on to get an equaliser or winner. I'd leave Aguero on the bench too for this one, just not worth risking him for 90 minutes when whoever plays up front will have to do a lot of running and closing down. Being able to bring on Yaya and Aguero against tired legs could be a game changer if we need it.

Totally agreed.

This high defensive line is shite and killing us.

Lets have everybody drop back and defend 10 yards or so outside our box with two defensive midfielders in front of the back four.

Then set our attack (balanced) up to play counter attack on them.

We'll win the match if we do that I'm convinced.

Pretty sure that 4-0 defeat at St Mary's was a reality, too.

The lack of Arsenal fans on here after that defeat was almost as predicable as their annual capitulation in the league. How does that ditty go? "you only sing when you're winning" sums them up to a tee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.