Leicester pre-match thread (29/12/2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think playing De Bruyne out of position as a forward is likely. Pretty sure both Toure and Aguero will start too.

I completely agree, Toure will start as captain and a 70% Aguero will probably start up front but I personally think they're both a huge risk for different reasons that we just don't need to take. Both can win us the game out of nothing with the sheer quality they have but by playing them we'll leave ourselves vulnerable to Leicester's biggest threat, pace on the counter attack. We have the players available (Delph and Navas) to adapt our tactics to nullify that threat and still have enough quality on the pitch to win the game. Having Yaya and Aguero on the bench that can come on and give 100% for the last 30 minutes (neither are fit enough to do it for 90 minutes at the moment) if we need it gives us options and a bit of belief that even if plan A isn't working we have a plan B. Delph and Navas won't necessarily win you the game but they can stop you losing it and judging by our away record that's exactly the "back to basics" approach we need to stop the rot of shit away form.

I completely agree, Toure will start as captain and a 70% Aguero will probably start up front but I personally think they're both a huge risk for different reasons that we just don't need to take. Both can win us the game out of nothing with the sheer quality they have but by playing them we'll leave ourselves vulnerable to Leicester's biggest threat, pace on the counter attack. We have the players available (Delph and Navas) to adapt our tactics to nullify that threat and still have enough quality on the pitch to win the game. Having Yaya and Aguero on the bench that can come on and give 100% for the last 30 minutes (neither are fit enough to do it for 90 minutes at the moment) if we need it gives us options and a bit of belief that even if plan A isn't working we have a plan B. Delph and Navas won't necessarily win you the game but they can stop you losing it and judging by our away record that's exactly the "back to basics" approach we need to stop the rot of shit away form.

Very good post,
Just can't see MP setting out a team to negate the opposition, so we could easily get beat because we will be predictable

We will not win tonight. I am certain of this because I have not see City win this season when watching live on the box...that & MP's arrogance when it comes to games like this - yes, we have the better players but the way he will set up the team will mean a defeat. We will watch Leicester cut through our porous midfield like the proverbial knife through butter to expose our shaky central defence. I'll be hiding behind the sofa. Let me know when it's safe to come out.

Vardy not playing apparently. He has a fever according to Raneiri. Might be game playing though.

I sing when we win or lose by the way, I'm not a plastic.
Im sick of the 'plastic' crap, and i cant be arsed with 'i sing win or lose'. Ive been goin to city now for 15 years, if we lose, i feel down, when im down i dont sing, doesnt make me a plastic. AND WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN ANYWAY?!?!?!!?!?

I'm really nervous about tonight - on paper our team is on a different level but we have been wide open to the fast counter attack this season which is exactly how Leicester will play. I'm expecting a few goals tonight and just hoping we edge it. I think we probably need to play delph and fernandinho at CM and give yaya a free role with Silva and KDB or Sterling behind Aguero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.