Leicester v City (League Cup) Pre match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cibaman said:
I'm driving so not on the beer. But planning to get there early, learned my lesson travelling to WBA. Anyone know if there are any decent places to eat near the ground?
local hero across the road

Evening everyone, Leicester fan here

Just wanted a few thoughts... I actually live in Manchester, I'm at uni, so I will be in the City for tomorrow's game. I know it's not on tv but will any pubs be showing it? I usually just go somewhere on Oxford Road, did that at the weekend and your game was being shown alongside our game.

Good result for you lot against the Arsenal on Saturday, I think it's a case of how many will you get against us. We've got a massive game away at QPR on Saturday, thankfully I'm going to that one, and I do think we should make that the essential game. I'm not confident of an upset at all tomorrow night.

Best of luck for the rest of the season (apart from tomorrow of course!)

GXCity said:
Where's everyone meeting for a drink before? Seems like most pubs around the ground are home fans only but with 5k of us there must be a few options?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.flaminggrillpubs.com/pub/local-hero-leicester/m6948/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.flaminggrillpubs.com/pub/loc ... ter/m6948/</a>

well thats where we are heading

leicesterfan said:
Evening everyone, Leicester fan here

Just wanted a few thoughts... I actually live in Manchester, I'm at uni, so I will be in the City for tomorrow's game. I know it's not on tv but will any pubs be showing it? I usually just go somewhere on Oxford Road, did that at the weekend and your game was being shown alongside our game.

Good result for you lot against the Arsenal on Saturday, I think it's a case of how many will you get against us. We've got a massive game away at QPR on Saturday, thankfully I'm going to that one, and I do think we should make that the essential game. I'm not confident of an upset at all tomorrow night.

Best of luck for the rest of the season (apart from tomorrow of course!)
As far as I know it's not on TV as Sky have the Sunderland v Chelsea tie. I suppose it's possible that a foreign channel may have it.

We beat Bayern with a weakened team, but we still had Silva, Fernandinho, Milner and Navas playing in that game. We played a weaker team against Newcastle away earlier in the League Cup and couldn't create anything until the subs came on.

Our performance will depend on City playing enough flair players to retain a cutting edge. Chelsea and Arsenal have huge midfield pools to pick from and it's hard to work out which are their best players. We're not so strong in that dept. We have great 1st choices, but the depth isn't as good as you might expect. Leicester have a good chance.

I know what you saying about the weekend. Your game at the weekend is a big one. One where you need your best players fresh. Difficult choice for the manager. We've got Fulham, who I think have picked up a lot under the new manager. They lost 4-1 at Everton, but I thought they played quite well

-------------------Hart-------------------
Milner----Boyata-------Lescott------Kolarov
------------Garcia--------Rodwell---------
Navas-------------------------------Lopes
-----------Dzeko-----------Jovetic---------

Guidetti on the bench please

Clichy could actually play on the right, as he's naturally a right footed player. Apparently he was conditioned as a lad to play with the left.

not sure what to do about RB, Zab is a no go, Milner I want to see in midfield so might have to be Boyata (surely he'll be ok for 1 game, not as if he has to get forward like a wing back either). Although this would mean either Demichelis has to partner Lescott at CB (he's played a lot recently) or Garcia plays there. And I don't want that happening!

Shay Facey and Denayer both played 90 mins for the EDS yesterday I think so can't see them being involved.

Hart
Boyata
Demichelis
Lescott
Kolarov
Navas
Garcia
Rodwell
Milner
Jovetic
Dzeko

I'd be tempted to give Silva and Nasri a half each as I think we could do with one of them on the pitch at all times. Hopefully Lopes and Guidetti make the bench. Shouldn't be any problems if the team play as we can

QF just three games away from a cup final, for me I would send out as good a side as I could with only resting some players, they have had three days rest.

Hart
Zab
Kompany
Lescott
Kolorov

Rodwell
Garcia
Milner

Nasri
Dzeko
Jovetic

But I suspect it will be all change, this will not be a walk in the park and Leicester will want our scalp. Just hope the players are up to it.

Rammyblues said:
QF just three games away from a cup final, for me I would send out as good a side as I could with only resting some players, they have had three days rest.

Hart
Zab
Kompany
Lescott
Kolorov

Rodwell
Garcia
Milner

Nasri
Dzeko
Jovetic

But I suspect it will be all change, this will not be a walk in the park and Leicester will want our scalp. Just hope the players are up to it.
It will be something like that, Fern and Yaya will probably get 45 mins each. Think Navas will start in place of Nasri.

Hart, Zaba, Lescott, Garcia, Kolarov, Milner, Rodwell, Navas, Lopes, Dzeko, Jovetic

I'm going a 3-1 win - they will be well up for it and quick of the mark, a game of few chances, but ultimately we'll be more clinical I feel.

Gutted I can't make it, I like Leicester good club & fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.