Leipzig away tickets on sale Wednesday morning.

No it won’t be unfortunately. I posted about this a while ago, can’t remember the exact details although I did look it up at the time. RB Leipzig tickets are valid only on regional transport (which excludes the Deutsch Bahn intercity trains) in Saxony. So it will cover the tram/bus/city train etc on match day, but not getting to Leipzig from further afield in Germany.

You’re right about the mask though, you are supposed to wear one on Deutsch Bahn trains. Albeit, a fair few people don’t bother these days compared to very high levels of compliance in the earlier days of covid.
Thanks for the info mate, they were extremely strict on the trains around Dortmund/Dusseldorf area. Had about 4 Covid guards on every train we went on,is there ICE trains from Berlin to Leipzig do you know.

No it won’t be unfortunately. I posted about this a while ago, can’t remember the exact details although I did look it up at the time. RB Leipzig tickets are valid only on regional transport (which excludes the Deutsch Bahn intercity trains) in Saxony. So it will cover the tram/bus/city train etc on match day, but not getting to Leipzig from further afield in Germany.

You’re right about the mask though, you are supposed to wear one on Deutsch Bahn trains. Albeit, a fair few people don’t bother these days compared to very high levels of compliance in the earlier days of covid.
Anyone who needs a mask when we get there for the trains etc I have around 500 brand new ones £1 each pm me:)

Thanks for the info mate, they were extremely strict on the trains around Dortmund/Dusseldorf area. Had about 4 Covid guards on every train we went on,is there ICE trains from Berlin to Leipzig do you know.
Rules change in 2 weeks so will be different when we’re there.

Requirement to wear masks on long distance trains dropped, most local trains already not required

Decided not to go. Cancelling my apartment - with a sauna. PM if anyone's looking for somewhere to stay!

We're same route mate but not booked trains yet,have you?
Dortmund match we stayed in Cologne and caught the train to Dortmund for the game. We bought train tickets at the machine in the station. Turned out that if you bought a ticket for 2 it could be used for up to 5 passengers. One to look out for.

Was hoping Leipzig website might have online sales, but only seems to have league matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.