Leonardo Bonucci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I'd agree mate but after Laporte, I think its still possible for us to get played...I guess its sometimes difficult to know if an agent is genuine or not...after Laporte, I would hope we a little more direct and insistent during transfer talks...letting things drag on only allows for more doubt and allows current clubs room to persuade their player to stick around...

We weren't played by Laporte, he just got scared off the move because of his injury by the sounds of it, and got convinced to stay out until he's recovered.

BREAKING: Leonardo Bonucci Agrees Manchester City Move
FOOTBALL
Pep Guardiola has clearly seen the need to shore up Manchester City's defence for the new Premier League season and he may have got his man.

Back in February Guardiola referred to the Juventus centre back as one of his favourite players in the world and he had an excellent Euros as Italy surprised many with how good they were and they were unlucky to go out to Germany on penalties in the quarters.

So it's no surprise that the former Bayern Munich manager is willing to spend big on the 29 year old former Bari centre back and according to reports Bonucci is willing to accept the bid from City.

✔@tancredipalmeri

BOOM! Manchester City had their offer for Bonucci accepted by the player, 8m€ per year! Now pending Juventus accepting the 60m€ bid

A 60 million euro bid for the defender would make him the second most expensive defender of all time coming in behind David Luiz from Chelsea to PSG.

It remains to be seen whether or not the Old Lady would be willing to sell Bonucci especially as one of the club's other top stars is under a transfer cloud already.

Manchester United have reportedly tabled a bid up to 120 million euros for Paul Pogba and it's unlikely the club would sell both players, maybe not even one of them.

I honestly hope we get them both. And if the club/Pep think Bonnuci is worth £40+ then so be it.

With regards to Ota, I was more than happy the club paid what they did for him and I think he's demonstrated enough to suggest Pep can make him a genuinely great PL centre back. I was more sceptical about the fee for Manga, but willing to give the benefit of the doubt given his age and that we were dealing with Porto. But I don't see him being technically proficient enough to work in Pep's team and my guess is he'll be sold/loaned out.

4 CBs in Vinny, Ota, Stones and Bonucci would represent the defensive talent pool in the league. It would allow for us to cope with Vinny's inevitable absences, not to mention allowing Stones to learn from arguably the best ball-playing centre back in the world.
Maybe but bringing in 2 new CB is not easy- look at last season. If Ota can stay on his feet and exercise better judgement that would be good but can he? If we buy Stones for me he simply has to play 30-40 games otherwise he is not going to progress. VK to me is s colossus and agreed he will miss games but when fit he has to play. Finally, what about Denayer?
I would have Stones, VK, Ota and Denayer. With a better midfield set up which Pep will bring, the defence is not going to be as exposed as last season.
Let's hope it all comes right in the end

We weren't played by Laporte, he just got scared off the move because of his injury by the sounds of it, and got convinced to stay out until he's recovered.

Understand what your saying mate but whatever the reason was, he was able to use City talks to get himself a big pay increase and is now one of the top earners for his club....I'm not saying it started out as us getting "played" but he clearly changed his mind and used our interest to get a big pay day out of it....so in the end, we got played in my book....

Hi mate....sorry its a little off topic...Genuine question, where did you read about Kroos's release clause of 63mil?....Didnt know he had a release clause...thanks

Embarrassed to say this it was a report from the Daily Mirror.... To be fair they are right a few times... Especially Mullock... Though can't recall who was the journo for that report

Understand what your saying mate but whatever the reason was, he was able to use City talks to get himself a big pay increase and is now one of the top earners for his club....I'm not saying it started out as us getting "played" but he clearly changed his mind and used our interest to get a big pay day out of it....so in the end, we got played in my book....

Bonucci won't get a pay rise.

He's earning the same amount of money as Marchisio, Chiellini and marginally less than Buffon.

Juventus have very clear bands of earners asked on seniority, and the only exception to this is Pogba, which was a big thing at the time.

Juventus aren't going to upset Buffon, Chiellini and Marchisio by offering Bonucci more than them. the knock on costs would be huge as they'd have to abandon their wage structure or give everyone pay rises.

We aren't getting played here, we are just going after a player, who might stay put out of loyalty, family reasons, guaranteed success etc. Or he might join us.

Whichever happens we aren't getting used.

Hi mate....sorry its a little off topic...Genuine question, where did you read about Kroos's release clause of 63mil?....Didnt know he had a release clause...thanks

Embarrassed to say this it was a report from the Daily Mirror.... To be fair they are right a few times... Especially Mullock... Though can't recall who was the journo for that report

Kroos release clause is €300 million. His contract was leaked last season.

It's all here.

http://m.goal.com/s/en/news/722/la-...i-kroos-real-madrid-contract-and-300m-release

If the reports are true that Bonucci has agreed terms with City that's great news and encouraging, if not a surprise given the money being suggested!!

The difficult bit is going to be getting this over the line with Juve, especially if they don't need the money. I don't think City are being played, but I'm not convinced Bonucci would be prepared to make the move happen and hand in a transfer request if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.