L'Equipe report that Guardiola has met with United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate - here ya go http://www.redcafe.net/threads/l-equipe-guardiola-has-met-with-man-utd-directors.413786/page-16 Usual hackneyed cliches of empty seats, corrupt regimes, and human rights abuses. Funny that, because in recent years United have been sponsored by the national airlines of both Turkey and Russia and the last time I looked neither had a particularly good human rights record. Oh, and some shite about City being nowhere near the top if it wasn't for the sheikh. Yes Kraftwerker, we get that but perhaps you should look a little closer to home because if it wasn't for John Henry Davies, James Gibson, and the goodwill of MCFC, United probably wouldn't even exist you fucking gimp!
Whoever our Gentleman Jim is on the Cafe is doing a grand job.That fucking deluded idiot Kraftwork is just like thrush.

If these players are as good as many believe them to be, they shouldn't need Pep to motivate them, there's an issue with the players.

If Pep arrives, and doesn't immediately take us to the top of the league, and keep us there, many on here won't care to give him some time, because already high expectation levels, will be inflated further.
There's a reason why the top managers earn mega money and someone like Pep is so sought after. Getting a hugely talented bunch of multi millionaires to perform to their maximum, to be fully focused and highly motivated at all times, and to accept that they are part of a team and need to be disciplined and self sacrificing on occasions for the greater good, is not as easy as your first line suggests. They have to have total trust and belief in the manager and it's my opinion that our squad don't at the moment, and to be perfectly honest I can understand why. Those of you who believe we are where we are today because the players aint all that or are mentally weak are entitled to your opinion, but I strongly suspect they will be barely recognisable when Pep gets his hands on them. This is the difference having a top manager in place can make and those of you who are dubious about this are in for a pleasant surprise.

There's a reason why the top managers earn mega money and someone like Pep is so sought after. Getting a hugely talented bunch of multi millionaires to perform to their maximum, to be fully focused and highly motivated at all times, and to accept that they are part of a team and need to be disciplined and self sacrificing on occasions for the greater good, is not as easy as your first line suggests. They have to have total trust and belief in the manager and it's my opinion that our squad don't at the moment, and to be perfectly honest I can understand why. Those of you who believe we are where we are today because the players aint all that or are mentally weak are entitled to your opinion, but I strongly suspect they will be barely recognisable when Pep gets his hands on them. This is the difference having a top manager in place can make and those of you who are dubious about this are in for a pleasant surprise.

Rewind 3 years and a lot on here were saying that same about Pellers on his arrival. Remember the intense pre season and everyone getting excited and how we would be fitter, faster and stronger than everyone else? Crying out loud we had people on here blubbing with joy after the first home game against Newcastle.

I'm all for Pep and yeah I think he will make a difference but let's not go down that rabbit hole again.

That article is a master class in positive spin; making it appear that their beloved Manyoo have, at all times, been up to speed with (if not in control of) Guardiola's destiny.

"They coulda got him too, if it wasn't for those pesky Spaniards."

That article also has a great point.

Premier League regulations mean if Guardiola had signed an official document stating his intention to become City’s manager on July 1 this year that paperwork would have had to be registered with the FA within seven days of being signed

Rewind 3 years and a lot on here were saying that same about Pellers on his arrival. Remember the intense pre season and everyone getting excited and how we would be fitter, faster and stronger than everyone else? Crying out loud we had people on here blubbing with joy after the first home game against Newcastle.

I'm all for Pep and yeah I think he will make a difference but let's not go down that rabbit hole again.

You mean the preseason before we won a double and tied the goals coring record for the premier league?

Yeah, that excitement was so misplaced wasn't it?!

Pep isn't going to manage United. He only manages top teams on the top of each league with at least 5 top players.

You mean the preseason before we won a double and tied the goals coring record for the premier league?

Yeah, that excitement was so misplaced wasn't it?!
Ohhhh. You mean Pep has to win at least 2 trophies during the first year in order to match Pelles record?

Ohhhh. You mean Pep has to win at least 2 trophies during the first year in order to match Pelles record?

No?

I'm saying people were excited before the Pellegrini season and it was deserved excitement because we were fantastic.

The person I replied to seemed to think we shouldn't have been excited by that preseason.

I rate pep highly and think he will turn us into a real force, but the way some people are talking about him they don't expect us to ever lose or draw once he gets here.i think a lot of people underestimate how competitive the premier league really is.pelle does get stuff wrong but I think he s no where near as bad as some make out although he is a bit wenger like in his stubbornness
I hate the phrase "will take us to the next level" but that's exactly what Pep will do.
His style of play will force our opponents to bin the usual tactics of high press/intimidate/defend deep breakaway and get a set piece goal that "finds us out" at the moment.
Pep will already have a good idea of which players can contribute to his style of play and which ones need to be added. Some current favourites may be casualties of this.
The PL will have to rethink how they play us next year as all current bets are off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.