Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, however, the right manager is in place to utilise the offensive players we have in place already, not even adding what will be brought in.. We finished top scorers again this year, this from a team that played as individuals for 9 months and displayed some of the most turgid attacking football since the take over...

It won't be easy, I agree, but I've no doubt we'll improve and will outscore the whole of the league, let's just hope it can be balanced defensively!!

I be honest I think the same. With MP our defence went to shit pretty quickly for me. He had a real strong unit left to him by Mancini but dismantled it. I think with the players already at the club and Peps style we will know how to defend as a team and I think the likes of Mangala and Ottamendi and even Denayer will all be better learning from Pep and he will get the best out of them defensively than MP ever did. We will always score goals with the players we got.

Interesting that while I can see the marketing department focused on Laporte that Txiki and company would be able to handle the possibility of more than 1 deal happening or not at a time.

Nope, however, the right manager is in place to utilise the offensive players we have in place already, not even adding what will be brought in.. We finished top scorers again this year, this from a team that played as individuals for 9 months and displayed some of the most turgid attacking football since the take over...

It won't be easy, I agree, but I've no doubt we'll improve and will outscore the whole of the league, let's just hope it can be balanced defensively!!

It won't be easy and a lot will depend on the transfer business that we do but Pep will need time to shape the team and he is going to have to do it as he goes because preseason will not be a big help this year.

I'd be disappointed if we are not top scorers, again, so a respectable defensive effort could then be enough to take us to the title.

Not seen much of Sane but like what I have seen so far. I get the impression Pep is looking to add more pace to the side and that can only be a good thing; this kid seems to have plenty of pace.

I'll have a bet with you, sporting or monetary?? City will break the goals scored record set under Pelegrini in 13/14, with only playing 1 up top most of the season... His defence will be a work in progress, so expect goals galore... All being well I fully expect KDB & sterling to hit 15+ each, that's not even accounting for new additions..
Wow that's some statement. KDB maybe, but from our current squad cannot see anybody ( apart from Kun and Nacho of course ) getting in double figures. Performances will improve under Pep but consistent goalscoring is a unique quality.
Hope you get good odds at the bookies. Lol.

Wow that's some statement. KDB maybe, but from our current squad cannot see anybody ( apart from Kun and Nacho of course ) getting in double figures. Performances will improve under Pep but consistent goalscoring is a unique quality.
Hope you get good odds at the bookies. Lol.

You're viewing the current squad under manuels supervision, it will be night and day...

It won't be easy and a lot will depend on the transfer business that we do but Pep will need time to shape the team and he is going to have to do it as he goes because preseason will not be a big help this year.

I'd be disappointed if we are not top scorers, again, so a respectable defensive effort could then be enough to take us to the title.

Not seen much of Sane but like what I have seen so far. I get the impression Pep is looking to add more pace to the side and that can only be a good thing; this kid seems to have plenty of pace.

Variables, obviously... I was merely pointing out that we still banged 71 goals in from a depressing place. Time will factor in to the outcomes but we certainly won't regress offensively, even keeping the current squad we'd outscore that amount, it just so happens we're adding to it....

I think we'll be highest scorers but scoring hundred is pushing it imo, he couldn't even do it last season on a less difficult league compared to ours.

Interesting that while I can see the marketing department focused on Laporte that Txiki and company would be able to handle the possibility of more than 1 deal happening or not at a time.

I imagine there are numerous discussions going on with players and agents, but none are anywhere near as far down the line as Laporte was.

Variables, obviously... I was merely pointing out that we still banged 71 goals in from a depressing place. Time will factor in to the outcomes but we certainly won't regress offensively, even keeping the current squad we'd outscore that amount, it just so happens we're adding to it....

And we should have scored a lot more than 71; we were very wasteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.