Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen Pep's Bayern play?

Have you seen the way he used his wingers at Barca?
Of course i have. I've stated on here numerous times that his wingers need to have a certain set of qualities.

• They need to reliably be able to hit a 50/60 yard crossfield diagonal ball with regularity to create an isolation on one flank after overloading the other one.
  • They need to be a threat from long range with the ability to score from outside the box.
  • They need the ability to hit flat crosses from a variety of angles.
  • They need the dribbling ability to cut inside against an opponent who may have 9 or 10 players camped in their own half.
  • They need the close control, touch and footballing brain to quickly move the ball on under pressure.
  • They need to be a goal-scoring threat.
  • They need to work hard.
That's purely from watching Bayern this season. That's why i'm not convinced Sane at £60m is the answer.

Before people start worrying about fees always remember

1) If you read it in a paper it is bullshit
2) If you read it on twitter it is bullshit
2) If its a fee about a City player the price will be inflated € does not equal £ how many times have we seen €20m suddenly become £20m suddenly become £25m
3) As I understand it most deals are structured with lower up front payments plus add ons with most top clubs but its funny how City these rules do not apply. Sterling is quoted generally as a £49m fee but we know the fee included add ons but Martial was quoted as £36m but we know that will rise to nearer £60m with add ons but these are rarely quoted
4) See point 1 and 2

All this paper talk about upping the offer and Bayern been interested is a clear indication that we've agreed a deal with the player and are now starting negotiations with the club. It's like clockwork.

All this paper talk about upping the offer and Bayern been interested is a clear indication that we've agreed a deal with the player and are now starting negotiations with the club. It's like clockwork.

I agree....sounds like we've been in talks since Jan with the rumoured 50mil(euro) offer that was rejected during the winter transfer window....

Of course i have. I've stated on here numerous times that his wingers need to have a certain set of qualities.

• They need to reliably be able to hit a 50/60 yard crossfield diagonal ball with regularity to create an isolation on one flank after overloading the other one.
  • They need to be a threat from long range with the ability to score from outside the box.
  • They need the ability to hit flat crosses from a variety of angles.
  • They need the dribbling ability to cut inside against an opponent who may have 9 or 10 players camped in their own half.
  • They need the close control, touch and footballing brain to quickly move the ball on under pressure.
  • They need to be a goal-scoring threat.
  • They need to work hard.
That's purely from watching Bayern this season. That's why i'm not convinced Sane at £60m is the answer.

Ah, but Pep IS convinced. It's difficult but I'd probably take his word over yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.