Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pep is convinced that Sane is a good deal at £60m, he's had a relapse and is on the same gear he was on when he swapped Eto'o plus £40m for Ibra.

Huge difference between £60m and €60m, mate.

Euros, not pounds.

I only read about 60 m EUR. And that is probably the price for a promising talent that already has shown up in the Champions League. Coman would not be cheaper now that he has played more for Bayern.

And no - it is not a City price. The problem is the market with a lot big teams that want to spend money and with only a hand full of big players and big talents available.

You've just described a fully developed and perfect winger. Assuming they would be available and willing to come, who would you suggest as better options to fit our new, younger squad?

That might sound arsey but I'm genuinely asking.
No worries mate it doesn't sound arsey.

I agree with you but that is the standard of player Pep will probably want to play in attacking positions. Robben and Ribery are perfect for what he wants a wide man to do, although both are injury prone. Douglas Costa can do it all. Coman is a bit rawer and i think he's a better fit for the type of winger who goes on the outside instead of cutting in.

I've no problem with us looking at Sane, my issue is with us spending £60m on a player who is so raw. We have spent a combined £100m (when you factor in add ons) on Mangala and Sterling who are two of the rawest players you will ever see. Neither have consistently shown that they have the capability of even improving us as a team, let alone going on to be world class.

Sane is a good young player, and like most young players will go through dips, like he did after xmas this year. To me, a £60m player should be the finished article, not a prospect. I know it's not my money, but i would like to see us be a bit smarter in the market. £60m is Griezman money. With the money invested by the club, surely we should be spotting the next Douglas Costa's of the world, plying their trade in the lesser known leagues, rather than risking huge sums on young players who may or may not end up improving us.

I'm not saying Sane isn't decent, but from what i've seen of him, he's very raw and inconsistent. We already have enough inconsistency in our squad as it is. I'd see the logic if it was a £20m gamble, but not at triple that.

Sorry mate, didn't realise. It's still £45m which is a lot for somebody who's only got one season under their belt. A promising but fairly inconsistent one at that.
Martial cost around the same fee as that, as did Renato Sanches. It's the going price. Plus, Sane has more than a season under his belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.