Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does Sterling fit into this all....
I'm with Dax in thinking that KDB and Silva will move to CM (the Iniesta role if you will) leaving Aguero, PEA, Sane, and Sterling as our main attacking players. 4 players for 3 spots means they all get plenty of time.

I'm with Dax in thinking that KDB and Silva will move to CM (the Iniesta role if you will) leaving Aguero, PEA, Sane, and Sterling as our main attacking players. 4 players for 3 spots means they all get plenty of time.

I don't think KDB has the possession skills required to play in the CM under Pep. Not only that I think his eye for goal would be wasted also. He's much more suited for the front line in my opinion.

Spending 180m on CBs and forwards? (positions we've recently - last 2 years- spent 135m on)
Epic planning :/

Spending 180m on CBs and forwards? (positions we've recently - last 2 years- spent 135m on)
Epic planning :/
A great attack is a great defense. Ask the reigning champions league winners, who've won it 2 out of the last 3 years. Madrid's FB's aren't the best and they have a mix at CB but they make up for it by having a scary attack.

A great attack is a great defense. Ask the reigning champions league winners, who've won it 2 out of the last 3 years. Madrid's FB's aren't the best and they have a mix at CB but they make up for it by having a scary attack.
Don't forget a midfield that includes modric kroos and Isco.

I don't think KDB has the possession skills required to play in the CM under Pep. Not only that I think his eye for goal would be wasted also. He's much more suited for the front line in my opinion.
Think of KDB the way you think of Muller or Vidal. Neither looks like they have the possession skill to play in the middle on a Pep team. But they do. Their intangibles ( movement in Muller's case, and energy in Vidal's makes them good fits if the other 2 are technically proficient). Silva and Ilkay fit that bill.

DeBryune has Muller's movement and vision intangible. Yes DeBryune has to clean up some of his poor loss of concentration issues. He will.

Sane Auba, Sterling and Navas will man the wings. Raw speed outside. Technique, vision and possession inside. This is how I've always envisioned Pep's team here. Hence why I tot Winger was our biggest need once Gundogan was settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.