Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just assume that the best manager in the game - who has always had world class full backs and used them as key parts of his tactical set up -knows what he's doing and hasn't just forgotton about fullback.

Either he:

A) Rates our current ones, and thinks under his coaching they will be much better than they have been recently.

B) Rates Maffeo/Angelino and thinks he can promote them.

C) Txiki and Pep are looking at fullbacks to buy, we just haven't heard about it yet, probably because the window doesn't open for another 2 weeks.

Maybe so, but do you not find it strange that there's been no concrete links to any real fullback?

I'd personally be happy for us to miss out Stones if it meant that we sorted our problems in this area.

I'm all for having Sane, but not sorting out the deficiencies at RB and LB would be absolutely suicidal.

If this was happening last season under Pellegrini, I'd echo your views. But I have every faith Guardiola has got everything covered.

We could easily sign a couple of full back still, it is only early June, or we could be looking to promote a youth to fill one of the slots and there is the Denayer situation where he might be used as a RB.
Sit back and enjoy..............Peps got this.

Maybe so, but do you not find it strange that there's been no concrete links to any real fullback?

I'd personally be happy for us to miss out Stones if it meant that we sorted our problems in this area.

You're not getting it are you?

Pep is a competent manager.

Stop worrying, and just have a bit of faith that the man isn't suddenly become an idiot overnight and think last season's fullback situation was good enough.

It's not a question of not buying Stones or Sané so we can buy a fullback.

If he doesn't buy a fullback in the entire window it will be because we don't need to.

Is Sane genuinely quick, i.e. go past a player and leave them for dead fast? Not seen too much of him, but when I have he's always looked catchable when the defender is close.

Think of KDB the way you think of Muller or Vidal. Neither looks like they have the possession skill to play in the middle on a Pep team. But they do. Their intangibles ( movement in Muller's case, and energy in Vidal's makes them good fits if the other 2 are technically proficient). Silva and Ilkay fit that bill.

DeBryune has Muller's movement and vision intangible. Yes DeBryune has to clean up some of his poor loss of concentration issues. He will.

Sane Auba, Sterling and Navas will man the wings. Raw speed outside. Technique, vision and possession inside. This is how I've always envisioned Pep's team here. Hence why I tot Winger was our biggest need once Gundogan was settled.

Muller is more of an attacking midfielder and not a central midfielder if anything. He lines up on the opposite side of Lewandoski aligned with the post in the oppositions box. Yes KDB is similar to Muller in that way but will not play in the central midfield. I'm talking about players like Thiago, Alonzo and Vidal. Dihno I think could be our Vidal because they have both a lot of energy and can break up counter attacks. Anyway this is a Sane thread and I hope we can get him.

Does anyone know if Sane would count as a foreigner this season or can he be included in the under 21 list. Not sure what age he is and what the cut off is. Cheers

'Winger' keeps getting mentioned, but surely nobody Pep signs will play as a 'winger' ?

They will take up wide positions for the sake of the team formation, of course, but then surely become wide strikers or alternatively midfielders, depending on whether they are attackers or midfielders he's picked in the 'wide' positions on the day.

Aguero or Iheanacho or alternatively Fernandinho even Angelino etc can do that, depending on what type of team he puts out. Maybe changing 3 times in the game.

I imagine Sane & Aboomerang will play in some kind of '3' most of the time, if signed ?

I bet we wish we hadn't have loaned Roberts out for a 2nd year. Are these players any better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.