Leroy Sané

leroy was fucking mint for us, didn't always think and that's why he was always getting a bollocking off pep,you could see pep going mental sometimes with leroy, but he was a great player on his day, i've not watched any of his career since he left city though

leroy was fucking mint for us, didn't always think and that's why he was always getting a bollocking off pep,you could see pep going mental sometimes with leroy, but he was a great player on his day, i've not watched any of his career since he left city though

I agree. He was a great athlete in physical terms, a fast young player with huge potential that shone through, every now and then.

You’re right that he didn’t think - a footballer relies on both physical and mental capabilities and his problem was between his ears.
IMO his mental combination of arrogance and stupidity is what will ensure that he never achieves his full potential.
It’s a great pity, I’d have loved it if he’d been a grafter who did what his manager asked of him - he could have become very special but we’re well shot of him.

As others have said he is the only player I have ever seen that after 5 minutes of a game starting I could see what was going to happen.

If his mind was not on it then he was a wasted shirt, but when he was on it he was nearly unplayable.

That said I would take Sterling over him every time.

He had the natural ability, athletes and physic to be one of the greats of the modern game.

Sadly he appears to stink the place out in terms of attitude.

Pep, The Finger Sniffer and Kovac all had issues, not all can be wrong.

One of the most naturally gifted players to don the shirt in recent years. The problem was never his talent, it was being part and parcel of a team operating on a different plane to the places and teams in which he had been before.

Growing up, players like Sané and Foden are always the best player on their team, and always get away with murder because they’re so good. However, when you get to the top clubs, and you’re expected to operate at the highest levels, mentality, work ethic and ability to learn a new adapt as needed by your coach are what propel you forward. At the top, EVERYONE was the best player on their team growing up, and EVERYONE has to learn it’s a team sport and what their cog is in that wheel. Leroy struggled with that!

Accordingly, he was still always able to produce the flashes of pure footballing genius and talent, but flashes don’t cut it at the top, even if you just want to be a full back!

Under Pep, his job was to penetrate with, cross or protect the ball, because it is precious. Unfortunately, he was unable to do these things at a level that was required of a Pep player and, while Pep was willing to wor’ with him to produce a better player, Leroy was not prepared to do that hard work away from his family for City. Clearly, that sentiment hasn’t changed now he is closer to his family, and “lesser” ballers are getting the start.

To a fan, a baller is a special player, one that you can almost forgive his foibles, because he has that special something…different gravy!

To a coach, that different gravy can be what makes you special enough to make the starting XI, but not special enough to skate on doing the high level “basics” required by everyone, even the very best.

As Pep has stated, just look at the effort our best player puts into his game. That is the effort standard our “not best players” have to achieve to even be in consideration. Leroy just wasn’t there and it appears he hasn’t learned the lesson at Bayern yet.

On his day, he is completely unplayable. Sadly, he’s not going to have too many of those days to prove he still can be unplayable, unless he learns what REAL football is about and does some of the dirty work his team (and coach) need from him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.