Leroy Sané

Would you have Sane back?

• Total voters
This just isn’t true and didn’t happen more than once. Never seen such revisionism with a player than with Sané on this site, maybe other than with Yaya actually.

Sané had ONE game in his entire time with us where he seemed to see his arse on the pitch and that was at Burnley when Zinchenko and Laporte kept twatting the ball out of play when trying to pass to him and Pep took Sané off.

The rest of the time there was no sulking displayed at all. All his problems were confidence problems and were spoken about in a 5Live interview with Kyle Walker.

There was one incident with Lowton at the Etihad where he’d been kicked about five times by Lowton and the ref did nowt about it so Sané booted the ****.

Then there was Leicester at home where Pep was going mad at him for not pressing but having watched that game back about half a dozen times, there was nothing in that really, Pep overreacted to one moment Sané misread whether he needed to press or not and even then Sané didn’t sulk about going overboard with him.

Sané was an incredible young player for us in 2017-18 and even with fewer minutes the next season he still maintained a similar goal+assists level. He scored HUGE goals for us, he always turned up against Liverpool both at the Etihad and at Anfield which you can lay at the door of very very few of our players even from our greatest ever team.

I’d have him as a Gundogan replacement in a heart beat. He looked absolutely brilliant in attacking midfield last night.

Absolutely brilliant is complete hyperbole. He played quite well, in a losing side, and had a couple of decent efforts from outside the box. A 7/10 sort of performance is far from "absolutely brilliant".

This just isn’t true and didn’t happen more than once. Never seen such revisionism with a player than with Sané on this site, maybe other than with Yaya actually.

Sané had ONE game in his entire time with us where he seemed to see his arse on the pitch and that was at Burnley when Zinchenko and Laporte kept twatting the ball out of play when trying to pass to him and Pep took Sané off.

The rest of the time there was no sulking displayed at all. All his problems were confidence problems and were spoken about in a 5Live interview with Kyle Walker.

There was one incident with Lowton at the Etihad where he’d been kicked about five times by Lowton and the ref did nowt about it so Sané booted the ****.

Then there was Leicester at home where Pep was going mad at him for not pressing but having watched that game back about half a dozen times, there was nothing in that really, Pep overreacted to one moment Sané misread whether he needed to press or not and even then Sané didn’t sulk about going overboard with him.

Sané was an incredible young player for us in 2017-18 and even with fewer minutes the next season he still maintained a similar goal+assists level. He scored HUGE goals for us, he always turned up against Liverpool both at the Etihad and at Anfield which you can lay at the door of very very few of our players even from our greatest ever team.

I’d have him as a Gundogan replacement in a heart beat. He looked absolutely brilliant in attacking midfield last night.
I just don’t agree at all. And to suggest he could do gundogan‘s role is absolute madness imo. He is an extremely temperamental player who has just as many bad games as good ones. Not to mention he seems to have had problems starting consistently with almost every coach he has played under.

Mahrez, Bernardo, foden and grealish are all better wing options for what pep wants and they also don’t have the bad body language or “sad faces”

Good article here from Sam lee. The fact Bayern are apparently open to selling him says it all tbh. He just doesn’t have the desire to reach his potential and at 27 years old I doubt he ever will. https://theathletic.com/4392629/2023/04/10/leroy-sane-bayern-update/

Last edited:
Leroy still owns a house in Manchester. His wife didn’t want to move with him in Germany as she doesn’t like it there so her and the kids are in Manchester and he’s over here a lot of his free time.

He visited the City squad in December at the CFA.

Yeah I know she really loves the club. Maybe we could swap like for like with cancello lol

I’d have him back in a heartbeat. Unfortunately doesn’t look like they want Cancelo either for 70m or another fee.

Yep. People seem to forget that Sané had one great game and then would be poor for the next 4 sulking on the pitch with pep berating him on the sidelines.

He doesn’t have the mental make up to be truly world class and we are better off without him imo.
It's fair to expect a 21 year old and a 27 year old to have a slightly different reaction to and appreciation of the situation.

I thought he was brilliant last night.

If he was up for it, and willing to fight for his place, I would have him back for the simple reason that there's not many players of his quality on the market. You could probably get him for half the fee Brighton would ask for Mitoma, who is only 18 months younger and nowhere near as gifted IMO.

He knows the club, knows the city, knows a lot of the squad and by all accounts, misses being here.

The 3 big questions are:

1. Wages. He's on around £340,000 a week at Bayern, which would put him right at the top of our wage structure - so he'd definitely have to take a pay cut.

2. Pep. Would he object, on a sporting level or a personal level? What was their relationship really like, and how did they leave things? Does Pep still rate him?

3. Sane. Is he the same player he was before his injury and move to Bayern? Does he regret leaving? Will he get frustrated again if he doesn't play every week?

It feels unlikely. But at the same time, it feels like he's on his way out of Bayern. I'm pretty sure he'd rather come back here than go anywhere else, in England at least. And if we really are after a winger, but aren't willing to pay £100m plus for a Kvaratshkelia or a Leao, surely we'd at least consider it? Especially with the possibility of a part-exchange with Cancelo?

Very good. Got a good round of applause from the whole ground when they read the teams out, got a good round of applause from ESL1 when he came out for the second half and lined up on our side and he smiled and gave a wave and a thumbs up, and at the end of the game he saluted the South Stand and Kippax Corner and waved while he was applauded.

Cancelo got loads of boos, more than Sadio Mane even got. I clapped him, for all we know he’ll be back in the Summer.
Cheers mate, appreciated. Glad to hear it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.