Leroy Sané

Would you have Sane back?

• Total voters
This just isn’t true and didn’t happen more than once. Never seen such revisionism with a player than with Sané on this site, maybe other than with Yaya actually.

Sané had ONE game in his entire time with us where he seemed to see his arse on the pitch and that was at Burnley when Zinchenko and Laporte kept twatting the ball out of play when trying to pass to him and Pep took Sané off.

The rest of the time there was no sulking displayed at all. All his problems were confidence problems and were spoken about in a 5Live interview with Kyle Walker.

There was one incident with Lowton at the Etihad where he’d been kicked about five times by Lowton and the ref did nowt about it so Sané booted the ****.

Then there was Leicester at home where Pep was going mad at him for not pressing but having watched that game back about half a dozen times, there was nothing in that really, Pep overreacted to one moment Sané misread whether he needed to press or not and even then Sané didn’t sulk about going overboard with him.

Sané was an incredible young player for us in 2017-18 and even with fewer minutes the next season he still maintained a similar goal+assists level. He scored HUGE goals for us, he always turned up against Liverpool both at the Etihad and at Anfield which you can lay at the door of very very few of our players even from our greatest ever team.

I’d have him as a Gundogan replacement in a heart beat. He looked absolutely brilliant in attacking midfield last night.
Thanks for this post. The revisionism is unbelievable. Sterling would go for a month in poor form and Pep would still pick him. Sane would need only a couple of average games and he would be in the bench. Pep had his favorites.

Not for me I`m afraid.
Bit of a lazy sod and I can understand why Pep used to get so frustrated with him as his tracking back was virtually non existent.
He hated having to run for a pass and the cheeky fucker would then complain to his team mate for not giving him the ball at his feet.
No thanks. He made his bed and we`re a better team for it.

I really miss he was good for us until the injury and moved during lockdown , I wish him the best seems he is going through some shit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.