Leroy Sané

Would you have Sane back?

• Total voters
Liverpool written all over him. Hope I’m wrong. He’s one of the best wingers in the world when in-form.

Definitely yes! True, he is the one who wanted to leave but if he wants to return it is a sign that he realized how big his mistake was. Besides if Bayern are really pressed for cash I guess we're talking about the amount they paid for him, maybe even less. With 40-50M we can not find a better player than Sane . If Jesus leaves unfortunately, and maybe Sterling as well ,Sane can be excellent replacement.

As I was typing my reply above, I was comparing Sane to CR37 in my head. The latter has stats to make him worthwhile in most teams, the former does not as of yet.

If we re-signed him, I think he’d have a negative effect on our goal difference due to his poor pressing.
Sané's proved he can do it, & did so consistently up to the season before he left. Could his severe drop off in form be down to knowing Bayern were readying a summer move for him?

I'll never forget him coming on as a second half sub & he couldn't trap a fart! Every ball which came at him bounced off him. Every pass he made either went to an opposition player or went out.

I'd never seen him so bad & quite rightly he lost his starting spot. Injuries & indifferent form littered that season, & then when rumours of Bayern making a move for him surfaced, it was over.

In my mind Sané had already left & joined Bayern. If Sané can't make it work at a dominant Bayern, he's really gonna struggle elsewhere.

He's got all the tools the fake Ronaldo has, & was the fastest player in the PL when he was here. What a wasted talent. )(

Last edited:
He was inconsistent with us and doesn’t seem to have got any better at Bayern. I’m not sure it’s worth it, when Foden is better and does a similar job

In a heartbeat. Proper winger and great technique.
keep reading about his poor attitude.
This is not something I would associate with Leroy at all. Sometimes stuff gets repeated enough that people think it must be true.
Would love him back and would make our frontline biblical.
This stuff about a poor attitude sounds like a prejudgement of him by a lazy media & perpetuated by fans who've never met him, let alone spoken to him.

I'm still waiting for one person to come with specifics about his poor attitude, instead of spinning the same unfounded bollocks.

Pretty sure that safe in the knowledge that we are going to have Haaland from next season, Pep with have thought about players he will want to use to get the best out of his talents.

Not sure that Sane would be in his thinking, so I would guess that it would be an unlikely signing.

Personall I consider that ship sailed when he went to Bayern and am reconciled with it.

Mixed Feelings.

I love the guy and thinking with the heart it would be a 100% yes.

However, thinking with my head? Him and Pep clearly clashed at times, specifically it seems to be related to the amount work and effort he would put in, especially around the defensive end, I think also at times near the end of 18/19 he was losing the ball in bad areas at times. If this has changed, then yes I'd be more than happy to take him back, but I'm not quite sure it has, from anytime I've watched him at Bayern anyway. It would also have to be at a cut price.

It's a shame, at City and with the right mentality, he would 100% be regarded as one of the best in the world right now, however ever since 18/19, it's not gone right for Leroy and so far he's been more of a what if.

Plus he wouldn't start ahead of Foden of the LW, so I doubt he would enjoy that.

He missed most of a season before he left us for them. More demands on him here but it's his behaviour here that's put me off

That was because of a single injury, not because of a series of injuries. I don't think you can put someone down as being injury prone just because they had one big nasty injury.

Point taken about the attitude stuff. Not sure I agree with it entirely but I get what you mean.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.