Leroy Sané

Would you have Sane back?

• Total voters
For me, he made his choice when he wanted to get out, drove his price down, and used us to develop and move on to where he thought the grass was greener. Besides, we have since moved on from that sort of player. I don't think he is any better than he was, and maybe not even that level. He had moments of brilliance, but he's a sort of shiny player who looks good in the highlights on YouTube, but I don't think he is all that over 90mins. Good player, but I would want someone younger with a top-notch attitude. Once upon a time, I thought he would turn into that player, but he is 27 now and never made that step. We need players with the mindset of Ruben Dias, etc., not Sane.

Nailed it Erl

For me, he made his choice when he wanted to get out, drove his price down, and used us to develop and move on to where he thought the grass was greener. Besides, we have since moved on from that sort of player. I don't think he is any better than he was, and maybe not even that level. He had moments of brilliance, but he's a sort of shiny player who looks good in the highlights on YouTube, but I don't think he is all that over 90mins. Good player, but I would want someone younger with a top-notch attitude. Once upon a time, I thought he would turn into that player, but he is 27 now and never made that step. We need players with the mindset of Ruben Dias, etc., not Sane.
I get where you’re coming from, but just one small detail is throwing me off - how exactly did he drive his price down? He never skipped training or spoke to the media about wanting to leave or anything… we were close to getting around 100m for him and then the ACL injury happened

I get where you’re coming from, but just one small detail is throwing me off - how exactly did he drive his price down? He never skipped training or spoke to the media about wanting to leave or anything… we were close to getting around 100m for him and then the ACL injury happened
How many people on the Bayern side were gobbing off about getting Sane moved over there that spring and summer?

The amount of such public tapping-up was thought to be unusual at the time.

Sane had nothing to do with encouraging/instigating/egging that on? I highly doubt it.

Hard pass. Even before the issue of him being useful primarily the handful of times a year that we're not playing against a back 10. He was becoming obsolete to this team by the spring of '19 and this would be no less true today.

He can play both wings, still has electric pace, is a great secondary goalscorer and will put balls on a plate for Haaland.

He’d be a very useful squad player, we miss a bit of real pace and directness at the moment, but I don’t see him as a superstar that’ll start 50 matches a season.
Could score a few free kicks too

He can play both wings, still has electric pace, is a great secondary goalscorer and will put balls on a plate for Haaland.

He’d be a very useful squad player, we miss a bit of real pace and directness at the moment, but I don’t see him as a superstar that’ll start 50 matches a season.
He can also play the withdrawn striker role that KDB, Alvarez and Foden often play in the diamond, which means he can slide in from either wing and play inside, as he did with Bayern against us. Had a few decent shooting chances, too, IIRC.

He was mainly a right winger, IIRC, and Leroy is both faster and better, IMHO…and that’s from someone who grew up knowing the family!

View attachment 83830

I took this picture of him with my sister and parents when he did us a favor for a charity event. Top lad.
Been in his company loads of times. Genuine Blue, lovely bloke, organises Man City vets. Great guy.

He was mainly a right winger, IIRC, and Leroy is both faster and better, IMHO…and that’s from someone who grew up knowing the family!

View attachment 83830

I took this picture of him with my sister and parents when he did us a favor for a charity event. Top lad.
He was a left winger mate. He was my favourite player back then alongside Tueart who played on the right...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.