Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot more to come from this lad , new club , new country so will take some settling in , not a disaster tonight , but maybe we are expecting too much at this stage , we have paid £35m for potential , this game has gone mad

A lot more to come from this lad , new club , new country so will take some settling in , not a disaster tonight , but maybe we are expecting too much at this stage , we have paid £35m for potential , this game has gone mad

Much of the the game largely passed him by last night, particularly in the first half, and he really only shone in the latter stages, when the game became more stretched and there was more space and time in which to operate. It will take time to adapt, as you suggest, and the more time he spends on the pitch, the faster it will happen.

It seems to me that whenever I've watched him last season he was playing in a counter attacking team that used his pace. He's come to a possession team and it's going to take time.

He's still just a kid. At the moment I'd say Navas gives us a bit more.

It seems to me that whenever I've watched him last season he was playing in a counter attacking team that used his pace. He's come to a possession team and it's going to take time.

Exactly like Sterling last season. He didn't understand what he was supposed to do in a possession team most of the time last season after coming from counter-attacking Liverpool and was getting no direction from the bloke in charge. Luckily Sané has Guardiola to direct him so I don't think it'll be a season like Sterling had last season.

He started to play more relaxed after his nice touch leading to the first goal. I think that's a good sign.

Before then, he was too anxious, like when he tried dribbled two players like it was nothing and just rushed his last touch and the ball got away from him and went straight to Swansea's CB. Few more games under his belt, he would've beaten that CB too.

He'll be a gem once he fully settles and is comfortable with his new environment, tactics, and the new pressure of the monkey his back telling him to not mess up because of the competition for spaces.

He also grow into the game as we took the lead as we had more space in our attacking third. He used his body to retain the ball and create big space quite well in the last 20 mins and also offered some solid passes. I'm not too bothered by his form yet, especially as this was 'just' a League Cup game and really the perfect opportunity to help him settle in our team.

I think the comparisons with last year's Sterling are very apt and I'm expecting a similar season from him this year. Even that would be a good return. Contrary to popular belief, Sterling wasn't that bad last year (scored something like 12 goals in all comps), it's just that the more the season went, the more Pellegrini's system was falling apart and so did Raheem's game. Not to mention his confidence which was bacially non-existent.

will also look a lot better in our best 11 imo. if he was surrounded by silva, de bruyne, dinho, gundogan, aguero etc then there would have been a lot more space and attacking chances for him? he will turn out to be a great signing imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.