Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So am I right in thinking we have what most Germans consider the future of the German national team in Sane, what most Brazilians think is the future of the Brazilian national team in G. Jesus and what most English fans were thinking was the future of the English national team in Sterling before he signed for City?

We might be adding Roberts to that list as well as Moreno, Zinchenko and Unal who are legitimately all as promising for their respective countries as the above players. This all happened so quickly but we're stocked with lots of potential worldies now... it's entirely possible they all will be some day, I much prefer this than signing a big name for media attention and shirt sales. Let City be the club that makes them stars, that's so much more exciting to think about. It may seem random or obvious even to some but we really should be more excited about how different things look all of a sudden. :)

So am I right in thinking we have what most Germans consider the future of the German national team in Sane, what most Brazilians think is the future of the Brazilian national team in G. Jesus and what most English fans were thinking was the future of the English national team in Sterling before he signed for City?

We might be adding Roberts to that list as well as Moreno, Zinchenko and Unal who are legitimately all as promising for their respective countries as the above players. This all happened so quickly but we're stocked with lots of potential worldies now... it's entirely possible they all will be some day, I much prefer this than signing a big name for media attention and shirt sales. Let City be the club that makes them stars, that's so much more exciting to think about. It may seem random or obvious even to some but we really should be more excited about how different things look all of a sudden. :)

Cheers. Might even add Nigeria, Belgium, and potentially Spain too (brahim). It's just getting silly at this point :)

Some of you watch too much Youtube videos in which the boys are always successful - he won an average of 3.2 dribblings of 6 in each Bundesliga match - that is 53 %. And not 100 %.

It is not just about fitness. If Pep learns his players one thing it is not to go in unnecessary dribblings. If you need results - or if you have a comfortable lead - it is okay. But not when you are just up 1 goal and the opponent is in the game.

I've seen Sane play twice in the flesh and many more times on TV, but thanks for those stats. I'm quite aware that he doesn't get 100% in his dribbling - or he would be the best player in the world already.

Anyway. Yes, it's important to keep possession and slow down the pace at the right moments. However, it's also important to kill a game off if you get the opportunity. I'm saying that Sane had that opportunity to go directly to goal and either score or set up a comfortable last 6 mins.

Check out 88 mins 30 secs for the moment that he could've made the run.

I'm not being overly critical and slating him, I'm saying it was an opportunity and had he been fit he might've/would have gone for it.

I've seen Sane play twice in the flesh and many more times on TV, but thanks for those stats. I'm quite aware that he doesn't get 100% in his dribbling - or he would be the best player in the world already.

Anyway. Yes, it's important to keep possession and slow down the pace at the right moments. However, it's also important to kill a game off if you get the opportunity. I'm saying that Sane had that opportunity to go directly to goal and either score or set up a comfortable last 6 mins.

Check out 88 mins 30 secs for the moment that he could've made the run.

I'm not being overly critical and slating him, I'm saying it was an opportunity and had he been fit he might've/would have gone for it.

I think it was game tactics and one errant pass. You're right in that you pointed out a mistake. Rewatch and look at all his other passes. Right weight/on point. He's got a calmness / nonchalant aspect to him that might rub people the wrong way (analyzing this game ONLY), but I like it. I see it as calm and confident.

Sane is a real talent, no doubt about that. That composure to set up Kelechi, wow and he is only 20 as well.

The kid has got pace and talent in abundance.

Going to be one hell of a player for us.

I couldn't believe some of the criticism of him on Saturday and tonight in 5 minutes he showed us what he can do. Really excited to see more of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.