Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griezmann for me. 18 goals 8 assists in La Liga playing for a defensive side. He can play across the front 3. Release clause of £90m. Really think that is good value. He is a hard worker as well which Pep will love. Just turned 27.
He's going to Barca.

He's going to Barca.

I know there is a lot of talk but I am really skeptical about this move.

First he is expensive. Second, where does he fit in. Dembele and Coutinho have been bought for crazy money. I don’t think see them leaving unless Barca will sell Dembele for abou half of what they bought him for.

There is no room for Griezmann. IMO. Messi will start every game. Suarez is still top class. Just don’t see it happening. While at City he could play a lot more especially if we play 352 more often.

I know there is a lot of talk but I am really skeptical about this move.

First he is expensive. Second, where does he fit in. Dembele and Coutinho have been bought for crazy money. I don’t think see them leaving unless Barca will sell Dembele for abou half of what they bought him for.

There is no room for Griezmann. IMO. Messi will start every game. Suarez is still top class. Just don’t see it happening. While at City he could play a lot more especially if we play 352 more often.

Iniesta is gone, so Coutinho is taking his place in midfield, that alone means there's room, but also Suarez is on the edge, he really improved around Christmas hut there's no escaping how bad he was for the first 3 months of the season and they know he's not going to last much longer.

People moaning about his offsides are clearly idiots who don't understand the position he's being asked to play.
Or maybe they do have a point in this particular game? Sane has been called offside only 6 times in the PL this season. Against Liverpool in the second leg he was called offside 7 times. One was definitely wrong but the point still stands as six times in the same game is awful. The two CL games against Liverpool are the only games this season that he's been called offside more than one time.
Used whoscored.com as source.

Iniesta is gone, so Coutinho is taking his place in midfield, that alone means there's room, but also Suarez is on the edge, he really improved around Christmas hut there's no escaping how bad he was for the first 3 months of the season and they know he's not going to last much longer.

That’s true. Forgot Iniesta is likely to retire/leave. Shit

What position is that then?

He is looking across the line and can see all before him. With his pace he has no reason to be setting off early

Next time you watch our set up, keep an eye on him. He isn't playing the offside against the full back, he's playing it off the CB's. So if he moves and the ball doesn't come on time, it's not him messing up the move. I'm not saying every time, but it's a part of it.

Even that aside, the best wide men in world football are famous for constantly being offside.

Had he scored that goal or his assist had counted, no one would be mentioning this. He's been our best player this month for me, but some folk are slating him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.