Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame him for the offsides last night as he had to give himself every chance to get in behind a compact defence. His defensive work is pretty phenomenal considering the type of player he is. One effort in particular last night was exceptional when he chased back and prevented a shot on goal. The one area where he has to improve is his lazy distribution when we're up the pitch, usually a little pass inside. It happens a number of times every game and immediately puts us under pressure. Think their first goal at Anfield came from him giving the ball away on the edge of their box. I'd still like to see him play through the middle just off the main striker when he's matured a little improves his distribution.

I disagree, he has pace in abundance to get past defenders

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I know, should have thought it through before posting.

On a quite serious note, there needs to be some independent authority that governs refereeing standards throughout the world (maybe a committee from other professional sports) to ensure they no longer continue to ruin this beautiful game. It will never happen as the damage is well and truly done and the exposure of a corrupt system would have far too much ramifications.

As a minimum, refs should be interviewed post match along with the two managers

I know, should have thought it through before posting.

On a quite serious note, there needs to be some independent authority that governs refereeing standards throughout the world (maybe a committee from other professional sports) to ensure they no longer continue to ruin this beautiful game. It will never happen as the damage is well and truly done and the exposure of a corrupt system would have far too much ramifications.

As a minimum, refs should be interviewed post match along with the two managers

I agree with this. A player can dive and win a penalty for his side, after the game, his play acting is reviewed and he is punished but a referee can fuck up an entire season for a team and then walk of the pitch with a sinister smile knowing absolutely nothing would happen to his reputation as a referee.

Needs a breather. Not sure why everything has to go through him, especially when there is no striker to get on the end of crosses

He's a top player but young and will have ups and downs

Needs a breather. Not sure why everything has to go through him, especially when there is no striker to get on the end of crosses

He's a top player but young and will have ups and downs

Probably because more and more Pep is demanding that Sterling plays as a false 9/number 10. Last night he wasn't out on the wing much as that was left to Sane and B. Silva. B.Silva plays on the right but is left footed so doesn't really operate as a winger so cuts in field a lot that leaves us with no width on the right, Sane had to do it all on the left, the middle was over crowded and Liverpool parked the bus as they knew if they isolated Sane (3,4 players around him at times) we wouldn't be able to get through and it worked especially in the 2nd half.

Our success this season has been primarily due to a lot of width in our play. Walker & Sterling on the right and early on Sane & Mendy on the left. De Bruyne and D. Silva making runs through the middle and Aguero with his finishing.

Sterling needs to go back on the right to take the pressure off Sane a little.

His inconsistency is my concern, it’s like he can’t be arsed if things aren’t going his way. He’s a 1 footed player and openly admits it. He’s young and will no doubt get better but his choice of passes and not releasing the ball is I suppose due to his age.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.