Lescott and Kompany

chazmcfc said:
Could be the best centre half partnership in the premiership with a run of games together IMO. Discuss ...

Not this season, its a possibility for the future, look at Vidic when he first partnered Rio, was gash for half a season but once they got that half a season out the way they formed a formidable partnership, one that I'd say was the best in the Premiership for at least a full season!!

chazmcfc said:
Could be the best centre half partnership in the premiership with a run of games together IMO. Discuss ...
i agree they looked good and will get better the more games they play together

u2fme2 said:
chazmcfc said:

our best formation is..

--------------------given------------------------

Richards------Toure--------Lescott--------Bridge-

Johnson---------De Jong------Company-------Bellamy-

--------------Adebayor------Tevez----------------------

nikusha said:
u2fme2 said:

our best formation is..

--------------------given------------------------

Richards------Toure--------Lescott--------Bridge-

Johnson---------De Jong------Company-------Bellamy-

--------------Adebayor------Tevez----------------------

Nooo it is not

Blue Coop said:
the same topic is around somewhere, but i agree, perhaps Toure in a right back position.

I give our best back 4 as:

Bridge -----Lescott -----Kompany -----Toure

On Blue Tuesday last week and not mant seemed impressed but I think it could be a winner!

Not wanted toure at centre back for a long time and if Mancini plays him over lescott or kompany next game I'll not be happy how can he not a foot wrong yesterday (kompany two footer maybe) . Think our next few games will decide our season and think the home tie against spuds is gonna be pretty much the same as the lpool game

Lets put it this way. If I was Kolo Toure I would be extremely worried about first team football opportunities after how well they played together yesterday.

Richards is better than Toure unless Toure magically returns to form. Micah has been one of our better players in the past 3-4 months and at times has seemed like a monster. Mancini has taught him to be a bit more conservative as a RB, less bursts forward (but still some occasional ones, remember "that" run?) and less holes left behind him.

Bridge -- Lescott -- Kompany -- Micah

I think that is our best four. Zabaleta as utility man who can rotate with Micah or go into midfield. Will probably need a new CB during the window as Mancini doesn't rate Ned, Boyata is greener than grass, and Toure is wank (but will be hard to get rid of due to his wages). Definitely need a new LB to challenge or back-up Bridge, even if it forces Bridge on to the bench, as Sylvinho and Garrido not good enough to challenge him.

The attempted late tackle by Kompany on Benayoun in the penalty area was completely stupid and he should be dropped immediately. He could have finished our season right there. Unforgiveable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.