Lescott and Kompany

I think if these 2 play with Richards at right back , we can beat stoke and their ariel game on Weds

Blue Coop said:
the same topic is around somewhere, but i agree, perhaps Toure in a right back position.
If I had to put Toure somewhere it would be on the left hand side of the bench!
Kompany is our best defender and best central midfielder, Lescott could forger a top pairing with him, any pairing without Toure looks more solid.

Lescott and Kompany is my 1st choice pairing, i think they work well together and they were superb against the dippers, the defence just looked alot more solid as normal, i'd play Toure at RB personally instead of Zabaleta, then when Micah is back put him at RB.

Freestyler said:
Lescott and Kompany is my 1st choice pairing, i think they work well together and they were superb against the dippers, the defence just looked alot more solid as normal, i'd play Toure at RB personally instead of Zabaleta, then when Micah is back put him at RB.

Think its everyone's. Looks like Mancin now agrees with it.

johnny crossan said:
The attempted late tackle by Kompany on Benayoun in the penalty area was completely stupid and he should be dropped immediately. He could have finished our season right there. Unforgiveable.

Oh dear....

Kompany is a good centre back no doubt about it.

I feel sorry for Lescott as he is good, but he will never live up to his price tag and that will always be a burden and the reason he gets stick, that was MH's fault not his though so people should give him a break.

Bazzmand Show said:
johnny crossan said:
The attempted late tackle by Kompany on Benayoun in the penalty area was completely stupid and he should be dropped immediately. He could have finished our season right there. Unforgiveable.

Oh dear....

and if Benayoun had gone down for his penalty, as 90% of forwards would have, and we lost - I think "oh dear" would have not quite captured the moment. There are some errors of judgement that define a player's ability, that was one. Just because Benayoun stayed on his feet doesn't mean that Kompany doesn't get called to account, earlier he jumped under the ball at a corner and Skirtel could have easily scored. I agree Toure's form is also suspect but we also have Micah and Ned remember.

The whole defence looked ok yesterday. I know you can get carried away when you are there but I re watched the game on LFCTV last night and we looked pretty solid.

These two are the best defensive pairing for me. Toure in when confindence shakes under the odd bad decision ( like Kompany lunging in the box in injury time )

At right back I thought Zab was outstanding. He is a better attacking option that Richards and although he doesn't have the bling boy's pace, his positional play is better. Richards just looks like we need to get an electrician in to sort out the wiring.

Bridge did well. Stuck to his task and gives us a good balance of defence and attack from the left back position.

I think most agree they are probably City's best pairing. It will be interesting to see if RM plays them this week and how they fair against Chelsea / stoke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.