lescott back for the derby, please god!

You need to be a good footballer to be a left/right back. Lescott isn't a good footballer . Good tackler, but not a good player with the ball at his feet . Playin him at left back would be totally clueless .<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:43 am --<br /><br />Also, kolorov has been doin well so far this season IMO . Deserves playin time .

WOW! The love for kolorov is suddenly back after being slagged of by almost everyone for 12+ months. My point is that defensively, kolorov is a liability, He has no pace (nor does lescott), cannot tackle (lescott certainly can) and can rarely succeed in actually getting past anyone with the ball at his feet. the english teams know this and get at him all the time. So, in the end, we seem to rely on kolorov only for the occasional left footed free kick?

We have naves capable of getting down both wings and getting in the crosses, zaps gets down the line well with pace and gets them over and if needed, milner will do the same. I know lescott is a central defender, but you look at the all the games since newcastle and all the teams have battered our left side and huge gaps appear time and time again coz kolorov has gone missing, leaving it to the likes of yaya to try and get back.

i just think the rags are going to batter our left side right from the outset coz they know its weak. for all the miserable characteristics of golum, he knows who to exploit a weakness and all I am saying is that our left side is a major problem at the moment.

i know lescott is effectively 3rd/4th choice central defender at the moment and if clichy is fit, then he will probably start on that side. we could of course bring on lescott if the defence needs support, but all depends on the score.

just flagging up what I think is going to happen on sunday................i hope I am wrong

I agree completely simon,our left side is our achilles heel.......For definite,our obvious biggest weakness will be bombarded and exploited.
Kolarov simply doesn't have the armoury to cope,its a real concern as its potentially our downfall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.