lescott back for the derby, please god!

Dodgemeister said:
I think its not so much our left backs are weak, its more they get exposed because our left midfield doesn't protect them. I'm not knocking Silva because he's one of my favourite players in the side and world class going forward, but when he plays left, his strength is going forward and being everywhere, but he lacks tackling back or protecting the left back position when Clichy or Kolarov go forward wide. Nasri is a little better at this but still not good at covering back.

Don't shoot me with regards comments on Silva or Nasri, its just my observations. I think moaning about the ability of the left back can be because they are more exposed or put under more pressure because of the midfielder in front of them.

Fair comment about the midfield, but if the rags score on Sunday, there's a decent chance it will be from a simple cross going right through Kolarov, probably for a near post tap in from Rooney, as they usually do several times per game when Kolarov plays & one usually ends up in the net.

Neville Kneville said:
Dodgemeister said:
I think its not so much our left backs are weak, its more they get exposed because our left midfield doesn't protect them. I'm not knocking Silva because he's one of my favourite players in the side and world class going forward, but when he plays left, his strength is going forward and being everywhere, but he lacks tackling back or protecting the left back position when Clichy or Kolarov go forward wide. Nasri is a little better at this but still not good at covering back.

Don't shoot me with regards comments on Silva or Nasri, its just my observations. I think moaning about the ability of the left back can be because they are more exposed or put under more pressure because of the midfielder in front of them.

Fair comment about the midfield, but if the rags score on Sunday, there's a decent chance it will be from a simple cross going right through Kolarov, probably for a near post tap in from Rooney, as they usually do several times per game when Kolarov plays & one usually ends up in the net.
Really? I recall our right flank folding like cheap tissue and Clichy getting turned amazingly easy by Rooney. So it was Kolarov you say? Interesting.

bluesimon said:
WOW! The love for kolorov is suddenly back after being slagged of by almost everyone for 12+ months. My point is that defensively, kolorov is a liability, He has no pace (nor does lescott), cannot tackle (lescott certainly can) and can rarely succeed in actually getting past anyone with the ball at his feet. the english teams know this and get at him all the time. So, in the end, we seem to rely on kolorov only for the occasional left footed free kick?

We have naves capable of getting down both wings and getting in the crosses, zaps gets down the line well with pace and gets them over and if needed, milner will do the same. I know lescott is a central defender, but you look at the all the games since newcastle and all the teams have battered our left side and huge gaps appear time and time again coz kolorov has gone missing, leaving it to the likes of yaya to try and get back.

i just think the rags are going to batter our left side right from the outset coz they know its weak. for all the miserable characteristics of golum, he knows who to exploit a weakness and all I am saying is that our left side is a major problem at the moment.

i know lescott is effectively 3rd/4th choice central defender at the moment and if clichy is fit, then he will probably start on that side. we could of course bring on lescott if the defence needs support, but all depends on the score.

just flagging up what I think is going to happen on sunday................i hope I am wrong

Let's play these naves and leave Kolarov at left back.

bluesimon said:
surely we need him back with vinnie, zabs and nastie. I can see it was ok to leave him out for pilzen but the swamp cnuts will be throwing everything at our back 4 on sunday and lescott has the right experience. Kolorov is fine for the games where the the opposition is parking the bus, but he can't tackle for shit.
omg.gif

My back four against the Rags has got to be Zaba, Kompany, Nasty and Clichy. Clichy has been consistently one of the best left backs in the league for years. Great pace going forward, and tracking back.

JJCMCFC said:
My back four against the Rags has got to be Zaba, Kompany, Nasty and Clichy. Clichy has been consistently one of the best left backs in the league for years. Great pace going forward, and tracking back.
The back 4 picks itself when they're all fit and available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.