lescott better than kompany (merged)

hgblue said:
I think I know what he means, kind of. Lescott is a pure defender, whereas Kompany is a quality footballer. Some of the best Centre Half partnerships in Premier League history have had this balance. Bruce and Pallister, Ferdinand and Vidic, spring to mind. Imo, we look more solid when Lescott partners Kompany rather than Toure.

Except that Kompany is a better defender and a better footballer than Joleon.

The explanation to this is pretty simple - Lescott is English.

Obviously Lescott is underrated on here for whatever reason, but I still disagree with gayle..

Did he not throw in any racism directed towards Balo??!?! Must be the longest he's talked about city without doing so.

hgblue said:
I think I know what he means, kind of. Lescott is a pure defender, whereas Kompany is a quality footballer. Some of the best Centre Half partnerships in Premier League history have had this balance. Bruce and Pallister, Ferdinand and Vidic, spring to mind. Imo, we look more solid when Lescott partners Kompany rather than Toure.
impossible to know what he means because i'm 100% certain that in no way is lesscott the best defender at the club. what exactly is he basing these opinions on?......lescott's hardly played this season compared to vinnie or kolo. the simple fact is he has clearly shown on live tv that he knows fuck all about city and shouldn't be coming out with ridiculous statements like that. does he still do that you're on sky sports programme occasionally?....he should be grilled by a blue if he's still poppin up on that.

Re: lescott better than kompany

BlueMo' said:
He was co-commentating a while back on one of our games
and said Kompany and Toure are midfielders playing in defence and it shows.
Neither are comfortable.
Says it all really, he's a clueless bell end
how good are they gonna be when they play in midfield then!
gale is a clueless gimp

I hope he sticks with lescott. Played well in last 2 games. Toure although having a better season than last year, is too error prone for my liking

hgblue said:
which bit of bruce & pallister was quality?? quasi & shovelfoot more like. sure your not a rag? :0)

Kompany is the best CB in the country.Just because he's got a brain and plays the ball out of defence with a superb range of passing,it's clearly confused a prick like gale who must think it's a defenders job to just burst it upfield or into row Z.

Winning headers (best in our team!), tackling (very good!) and his performances against a bang in form Drogba twice (outmuscled and played him home and away!) last season; Lescott has better qualities than many City fans give him credit for!

I still think he's better than Kolo. Even though Kolo has been better this season - very good, excellent in fact, at times - the goals we concede are often as a result if something Kolo has or has not done!

But Kompany is our and up with the leagues best. I think Dawson is the best defender anywhere, and I mean anywhere, he is immense(!); Terry is still excellent even though his team hasn't been so; Vidic is obviously very good; Jagielka is a top defender; and I also think Roger Johnson is massively underrated, he's better than Cahill from Bolton yet hasn't got in the England squad yet! But Kompany is could be placed first second or third in that list easily!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.