Lescott [Merged]

Re: Lescott

Darker shade of Blue said:
mancunian blue said:
its cos there bored and they dont have these exciting times like us =)
I can understand your lads getting excited at the prospect of playing in the Prem against teams like Everton .

Yeah I can hardly wait to see the stylish Everton play football at our place again. Quick passing football, reminiscent of Arsenal and Barcelona at their best.. No kicking everything that moves and launching the ball into the box or scoring the majority of goals from set pieces. Everton and total football, we are indeed excited.

Sky Blue said:
mancunian blue said:
I can understand your lads getting excited at the prospect of playing in the Prem against teams like Everton .

Yeah I can hardly wait to see the stylish Everton play football at our place again. Quick passing football, reminiscent of Arsenal and Barcelona at their best.. No kicking everything that moves and launching the ball into the box or scoring the majority of goals from set pieces. Everton and total football, we are indeed excited.

Good man .
Taking the first step is always the hardest :P

Sky Blue said:
mancunian blue said:

Yeah I can hardly wait to see the stylish Everton play football at our place again. Quick passing football, reminiscent of Arsenal and Barcelona at their best.. No kicking everything that moves and launching the ball into the box or scoring the majority of goals from set pieces, finishing 6th, 5th & 5th in the last 3 seasons, and reaching a carling cup semi final and the FA Cup Final in the last 2 seasons. Everton and total football, we are indeed excited.

:)

ToffeeAndy said:
Sky Blue said:
mancunian blue said:

Yeah I can hardly wait to see the stylish Everton play football at our place again. Quick passing football, reminiscent of Arsenal and Barcelona at their best.. No kicking everything that moves and launching the ball into the box or scoring the majority of goals from set pieces, finishing 6th, 5th & 5th in the last 3 seasons, and reaching a carling cup semi final and the FA Cup Final in the last 2 seasons. Everton and total football, we are indeed excited.

To be honest, I'd rather watch good football than Bolton 2.0

mikeyboy said:
alera said:
Lescott is a miles better player than Dunne. Better positional wise, in the air and makes no where near as many mistakes

Also he is left footed so we get cover at left back and solve the problem of having 2 right footed cetre halves.

But the biggest benefit is he chips in with half a dozen goals from set pieces a season. Dunne has scored what 2 goals in 10 years at city.

I hope we get him, would make a big difference to our defence as would playing zabs or another at right back.

Our problem last season was letting in goals and the 2 biggest culprits were richards and Dunne. Richards on the bench and move Dunne on.#

There is talk of Upson from West Ham as well,

Nedum-----Upson------Lescott-----Bridge

Thats a solid looking back 4. Lots of height, strength and pace in there plus they will chip in with 10 gaols a season at least.

that back 4 is very unbalanced.you have solved the problem of having 2 right footed centre backs by replacing them with 2 left footed centre backs!

either buy upson or lescott (not both) and play him as the left sided centre back alongside ned as right sided centre back. then zab at right back.ned is an out an out centre back for me and should never be played at right back.

I disagree with both these back fours our best one would be:

Richards - Kompany - Lescott - Bridge

Onuoha has a decent chance of getting in ahead of kompany but i think long term kompany will be the better player. This back four would be top 6 quality esp with a mid 3 of De Jong Barry and Ireland sat in front of it

ToffeeAndy said:
Sky Blue said:
mancunian blue said:

Why are all Everton fans over the moon that they are second best, you finish 5th and 6th make a big fuss about it and then aspire to do the same again. You lot stay stuck in your rut whilst the rest of us move on,

They wont finish in the top 6 this season. Almost certain. Moyes is a miracle worker but they have a tiny first team squad and no money to sign players. Also some of there best players were badly injured last season - Arteta, Jagielka and Yakubu all had career threatening injuries, knee achiles etc. They wont be the same if and when they come back.

You got sides like us shifting out all their crap players and replacing with half a dozen quality additions, Spurs and Villa will spend some decent money and be stronger. Only way Everton can go now is down really.

Only 3 points seperated 10th - 7th last season. Another 3 points and we would have moved 3 places up the table. I think Villa were12 points ahead of us. 12 points is not that much really if you loose a couple of your best players and team below you are bringing in half a dozen high quality players and keep the quality they already have.

alera said:
They wont finish in the top 6 this season. Almost certain. Moyes is a miracle worker but they have a tiny first team squad and no money to sign players. Also some of there best players were badly injured last season - Arteta, Jagielka and Yakubu all had career threatening injuries, knee achiles etc. They wont be the same if and when they come back.

You got sides like us shifting out all their crap players and replacing with half a dozen quality additions, Spurs and Villa will spend some decent money and be stronger. Only way Everton can go now is down really.

Only 3 points seperated 10th - 7th last season. Another 3 points and we would have moved 3 places up the table. I think Villa were12 points ahead of us. 12 points is not that much really if you loose a couple of your best players and team below you are bringing in half a dozen high quality players and keep the quality they already have.

Everyone's said the same for years now yet ever year were outspent by everyone and still finish above our so called rivals. In fact we've only finished outside the top 6 once in the last 5 seasons.

You can speculate all you want but we've proved over the last 5 years that were not where we are by luck. One or Two quality signing will only further cement our place in the top 5 or 6 teams in the league. Just because we might buy players for less then £20m doesnt mean they're not quality so I dont buy your argument about us not have much spending power

sniff said:
Why are all Everton fans over the moon that they are second best, you finish 5th and 6th make a big fuss about it and then aspire to do the same again. You lot stay stuck in your rut whilst the rest of us move on,

With respect lads , It's comments like this ( not just sniffs ) that will turn people against City eventually .

Get one thing straight lads , you haven't done anything yet .

Yes , you have money . So do QPR , so do Sunderland etc etc .

What did you do with it in your first year ? Absolutely nothing . No silverware , no cup runs , no title , and no Europe .

So City are moving forward , whilst Everton are standing still ?

Last season , you finished 10th ........ 1 place worse than the previous season , and no European place , and no fair play award to get you there .

Meanwhile , Everton reached Wembley , having knocked out the 2 best sides in the Prem , with half a team . We successfully brought 2 youngsters into the picture along the way too . We secured 3 England places for our players , broke both personal records and FA records too , and yet again got ourselves into Europe .

Please cut the crap lads .
The way some of you go on , you think you are suddenly world beaters , big boys , expectant victors , and have expressed significant delusions of grandeur since being bought out , when the harsh reality is that nobody knows how things will unfold for Manchester City over the coming seasons , and you must earn respect and admiration ; not demand or expect it .

Slagging other teams off , and looking down on them as though they are inferior ( especially teams that are historically and recently more successful than yourselves ) is firstly misguided , and secondly disrespectful .

We're all looking forward to seeing how the new City ship floats , but perhaps test the ship out , before you declare it sea worthy and unsinkable . Otherwise , next season might be a very traumatic one for your fans if you build up your expectations too highly . :o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.