Lescott [Merged]

Re: Lescott

Why are all Everton fans over the moon that they are second best, you finish 5th and 6th make a big fuss about it and then aspire to do the same again. You lot stay stuck in your rut whilst the rest of us move on,

I was pointing out that football is a results business. No point in playing great footy and losing... ask Kevin Keegan!

I'd rather have finished where we have over the last 5 years and played shite football then played like Barcelona and finished in the bottom half of the table.

We aspire to break the top 4, but until that happens i'm happy to see our team finishing many points ahead of the teams that are spending crazy money just to try and catch us (City included).

Sorry to say it boys, but he's right....

Lets have banter, but not idol slagging off of other clubs....especially ones that always beat us :-)

Darker shade of Blue said:
sniff said:
Why are all Everton fans over the moon that they are second best, you finish 5th and 6th make a big fuss about it and then aspire to do the same again. You lot stay stuck in your rut whilst the rest of us move on,

With respect lads , It's comments like this ( not just sniffs ) that will turn people against City eventually .

Get one thing straight lads , you haven't done anything yet .

Yes , you have money . So do QPR , so do Sunderland etc etc .

What did you do with it in your first year ? Absolutely nothing . No silverware , no cup runs , no title , and no Europe .

So City are moving forward , whilst Everton are standing still ?

Last season , you finished 10th ........ 1 place worse than the previous season , and no European place , and no fair play award to get you there .

Meanwhile , Everton reached Wembley , having knocked out the 2 best sides in the Prem , with half a team . We successfully brought 2 youngsters into the picture along the way too . We secured 3 England places for our players , broke both personal records and FA records too , and yet again got ourselves into Europe .

Please cut the crap lads .
The way some of you go on , you think you are suddenly world beaters , big boys , expectant victors , and have expressed significant delusions of grandeur since being bought out , when the harsh reality is that nobody knows how things will unfold for Manchester City over the coming seasons , and you must earn respect and admiration ; not demand or expect it .

Slagging other teams off , and looking down on them as though they are inferior ( especially teams that are historically and recently more successful than yourselves ) is firstly misguided , and secondly disrespectful .

We're all looking forward to seeing how the new City ship floats , but perhaps test the ship out , before you declare it sea worthy and unsinkable . Otherwise , next season might be a very traumatic one for your fans if you build up your expectations too highly . :o)
i know where your coming from mate it winds me up when i see fellow blues telling every one were gonna take over the world in 6 mths. fucking stupidity, i do think we had a good cup run though in the UEFA, specially with the amount of games we played to get there.
not being in it this year will definately help us out as the squad was not big enough or good enough last year to cope with it all. anyway time will tell.

Well we did beat Everton last season,jolly well I might add but if our players had the same spirit they exhibit we would have finished very near them last season.

ToffeeAndy said:

I was pointing out that football is a results business. No point in playing great footy and losing... ask Kevin Keegan!

I'd rather have finished where we have over the last 5 years and played shite football then played like Barcelona and finished in the bottom half of the table.

We aspire to break the top 4, but until that happens i'm happy to see our team finishing many points ahead of the teams that are spending crazy money just to try and catch us (City included).

You have to admit, it was really funny when you finally beat Liverpool in the FA Cup and ITV were showing an advert for Tescos or something and missed your goal completely !

sniff said:

With respect lads , It's comments like this ( not just sniffs ) that will turn people against City eventually .

What did you do with it in your first year ? Absolutely nothing . No silverware , no cup runs , no title , and no Europe .

Last season , you finished 10th ........ 1 place worse than the previous season , and no European place , and no fair play award to get you there .

Meanwhile , Everton reached Wembley , having knocked out the 2 best sides in the Prem , with half a team . We successfully brought 2 youngsters into the picture along the way too . We secured 3 England places for our players , broke both personal records and FA records too , and yet again got ourselves into Europe .

The way some of you go on , you think you are suddenly world beaters , big boys , expectant victors , and have expressed significant delusions of grandeur since being bought out , when the harsh reality is that nobody knows how things will unfold for Manchester City over the coming seasons , and you must earn respect and admiration ; not demand or expect it .

Slagging other teams off , and looking down on them as though they are inferior ( especially teams that are historically and recently more successful than yourselves ) is firstly misguided , and secondly disrespectful .

We're all looking forward to seeing how the new City ship floats , but perhaps test the ship out , before you declare it sea worthy and unsinkable . Otherwise , next season might be a very traumatic one for your fans if you build up your expectations too highly . :o)

Only teams tht fear they cant go any further rely on history, Im not all that bothered how man trophys people have won, just say you have won the league more times than another team,doesnt suggest you have more right than another side. Chelsea as a prime example.

sniff said:

As Andy Gray would say "Take a bow son"! Excellent post!

wrongun73 said:
sniff said:

i know where your coming from mate it winds me up when i see fellow blues telling every one were gonna take over the world in 6 mths. fucking stupidity, i do think we had a good cup run though in the UEFA, specially with the amount of games we played to get there.
not being in it this year will definately help us out as the squad was not big enough or good enough last year to cope with it all. anyway time will tell.

That's a nice reality check! (sobs)

Kevcod said:
ToffeeAndy said:
You have to admit, it was really funny when you finally beat Liverpool in the FA Cup and ITV were showing an advert for Tescos or something and missed your goal completely !

Yeah the bloody idiots! Luckily I manged to move with the speed of a puma and quickly flick over to Setanta just in time to see it leave Goslings foot and sail in to the net... Happy Days :)

ToffeeAndy said:

I love how you try and point our you spend pennys, Everton spend more than Arsenal usually, and they lose more quality when they sell a player. Everton have been spending for a while, but when we sold Sweep our club stood still for a few years. We still have a few windows to catch up with other sides imo!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.