Lescott [Merged]

Re: Lescott

Only teams tht fear they cant go any further rely on history, Im not all that bothered how man trophys people have won, just say you have won the league more times than another team,doesnt suggest you have more right than another side. Chelsea as a prime example.

Not necessarily, Liverpool and Man U harp on about it a fair bit and they've been pretty sucessful in recent times.

I love how you try and point our you spend pennys, Everton spend more than Arsenal usually, and they lose more quality when they sell a player. Everton have been spending for a while, but when we sold Sweep our club stood still for a few years. We still have a few windows to catch up with other sides imo!!!

Actually over the last few years we've spent a less then them (net) and have financed a lot of our purchases by selling players, or by paying on the drip.

My main point was actually to compare our spending to those attempting to catch us anyway i.e. City, Spurs and Newcastle who have all spent vast amounts of money and got nowhere. This was also in relation to a point a poster made about Everton having little money to spend, so comparing us to Arsenal isn't really relevant.

Darker shade of Blue said:
Please cut the crap lads .
The way some of you go on , you think you are suddenly world beaters , big boys , expectant victors , and have expressed significant delusions of grandeur since being bought out , when the harsh reality is that nobody knows how things will unfold for Manchester City over the coming seasons , and you must earn respect and admiration ; not demand or expect it .

We're all looking forward to seeing how the new City ship floats , but perhaps test the ship out , before you declare it sea worthy and unsinkable . Otherwise , next season might be a very traumatic one for your fans if you build up your expectations too highly . :o)

This inparticular on a barm/muffin. The way some people talk on here is embarassing its so rag like its untrue. I admire Everton to be honest, they've got a good chairman in Kenwright. Moyes has done a great job over there on a tight budget, it is good to see that there's still room in the Premiership for British owners!

City have been given a great opportunity to push and challenge for things but we haven't done anything yet, it will take a while to become a top four team as we know. We've all spent god knows how long laughing at Spurs for their pathetic attempts to break the top four and their top four attitude. Since the takeover some of us on here seem to be thinking like Spurs and Newcastle fans that we have a god given right to be at the top of the Premier League.

Don't get me wrong I'm excited as the next blue about the future but I do think some of us need to keep our feet on the ground.

ToffeeAndy said:
I love how you try and point our you spend pennys, Everton spend more than Arsenal usually, and they lose more quality when they sell a player. Everton have been spending for a while, but when we sold Sweep our club stood still for a few years. We still have a few windows to catch up with other sides imo!!!

Actually over the last few years we've spent a less then them (net) and have financed a lot of our purchases by selling players, or by paying on the drip.

My main point was actually to compare our spending to those attempting to catch us anyway i.e. City, Spurs and Newcastle who have all spent vast amounts of money and got nowhere. This was also in relation to a point a poster made about Everton having little money to spend, so comparing us to Arsenal isn't really relevant.

Take out Arshavin, you spent money on Yak,Fellani were as they lost Henry

ToffeeAndy said:
Only teams tht fear they cant go any further rely on history, Im not all that bothered how man trophys people have won, just say you have won the league more times than another team,doesnt suggest you have more right than another side. Chelsea as a prime example.

Not necessarily, Liverpool and Man U harp on about it a fair bit and they've been pretty sucessful in recent times.

2 sides out of 92, what abouts notts county, they have all the traditon and some, but im sure as hell they'd swap places with us.

Ticket For Schalke said:
ToffeeAndy said:

Take out Arshavin, you spent money on Yak,Fellani were as they lost Henry

no you don't understand mate. all of evertons playes came through their academy and they didnt spend a penny. ;)

it's ok to slag us off but one comment back and they don't like it up em do they? ha.

Man City will do well to catch Everton up next season, they certainly won't be overtaking any of the big 4 IMO.

And Toffee had it nailed, don't disrespect other clubs until you have actually managed to do something better than they have done, it makes you look a bit clueless in truth.

Evertons form over the last 5 seasons is a 4th, 2 x 5th, 1 x 6th and a 10th. An FA Cup Final and a League Cup semi, Manchester City crave even that kind of success at the moment, because they haven't got anywhere near that kind of form for years, and in an era of slim pickings for teams outside the Sky 4, that is pretty impressive with the financial restraints they are under.

Some of the posts are cringeworthy, but some do seem to have a balanced view on things.

brady0 said:
The way some of you go on , you think you are suddenly world beaters , big boys , expectant victors , and have expressed significant delusions of grandeur since being bought out , when the harsh reality is that nobody knows how things will unfold for Manchester City over the coming seasons , and you must earn respect and admiration ; not demand or expect it .

We're all looking forward to seeing how the new City ship floats , but perhaps test the ship out , before you declare it sea worthy and unsinkable . Otherwise , next season might be a very traumatic one for your fans if you build up your expectations too highly . :o)

This inparticular on a barm/muffin. The way some people talk on here is embarassing its so rag like its untrue. I admire Everton to be honest, they've got a good chairman in Kenwright. Moyes has done a great job over there on a tight budget, it is good to see that there's still room in the Premiership for British owners!

City have been given a great opportunity to push and challenge for things but we haven't done anything yet, it will take a while to become a top four team as we know. We've all spent god knows how long laughing at Spurs for their pathetic attempts to break the top four and their top four attitude. Since the takeover some of us on here seem to be thinking like Spurs and Newcastle fans that we have a god given right to be at the top of the Premier League.

Don't get me wrong I'm excited as the next blue about the future but I do think some of us need to keep our feet on the ground.

Exactly, I dont think any Eveton fan has denied you have the potential, but you've not got there yet and its important to be realistic.

Spurs put out a towards the end of the seaon in a reserve match and the total cost of that team was over £40m... and thats their resevre team! Just goes to show money doesnt buy you sucess.

For me City need to look at finishing in the top 6 for a couple of seasons, then the top 4, then look to win something, then challenge for the premier league title... then turn round and tell fans of other clubs your the bee's knees... at that point we wont be able to argue otherwise.

I think what's happening at City is interesting and good for football. I think we just ask that City fans aren't disrespectful to other teams until you've at least achieved what you hope to achieve

sniff said:
Why are all Everton fans over the moon that they are second best, you finish 5th and 6th make a big fuss about it and then aspire to do the same again. You lot stay stuck in your rut whilst the rest of us move on,

With respect lads , It's comments like this ( not just sniffs ) that will turn people against City eventually .

Get one thing straight lads , you haven't done anything yet .

Yes , you have money . So do QPR , so do Sunderland etc etc .

What did you do with it in your first year ? Absolutely nothing . No silverware , no cup runs , no title , and no Europe .

So City are moving forward , whilst Everton are standing still ?

Last season , you finished 10th ........ 1 place worse than the previous season , and no European place , and no fair play award to get you there .

Meanwhile , Everton reached Wembley , having knocked out the 2 best sides in the Prem , with half a team . We successfully brought 2 youngsters into the picture along the way too . We secured 3 England places for our players , broke both personal records and FA records too , and yet again got ourselves into Europe .

Slagging other teams off , and looking down on them as though they are inferior ( especially teams that are historically and recently more successful than yourselves ) is firstly misguided , and secondly disrespectful .

While this maybe true, you're still a feeder club and I look forward to signing Lescott :)

Ticket For Schalke said:
ToffeeAndy said:
Why are all Everton fans over the moon that they are second best, you finish 5th and 6th make a big fuss about it and then aspire to do the same again. You lot stay stuck in your rut whilst the rest of us move on,

I was pointing out that football is a results business. No point in playing great footy and losing... ask Kevin Keegan!

I'd rather have finished where we have over the last 5 years and played shite football then played like Barcelona and finished in the bottom half of the table.

We aspire to break the top 4, but until that happens i'm happy to see our team finishing many points ahead of the teams that are spending crazy money just to try and catch us (City included).

That's not very factual to be honest m8 .
If you look at the transfers of David Moyes , you'll see that he has released a lot of players , and our recent 'big' transfers have come off the back of sales for the most part .

Everton are a very humble club , lead by very humble and respectful people , and only the most bitter of rivals would deny that they are an example for other clubs to follow .

Everybody likes Everton football club for the right reasons , and they are probably the most well liked and respected club in the league where other fans are concerned .

I expect next year to be another good year for us :o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.