Lescott [Merged]

a lescott onuoha partnership sounds better than a toure onuoha to me. hughes said nobody would be leaving until he brings players in, so if the dunne rumours are to be believed maybe this deal isn't so far away

Tarnats left peg said:
a lescott onuoha partnership sounds better than a toure onuoha to me. hughes said nobody would be leaving until he brings players in, so if the dunne rumours are to be believed maybe this deal isn't so far away
what about toure/lescott partnership, both better, (and more experienced) at this time than onuaha

wrongun73 said:
Tarnats left peg said:
what about toure/lescott partnership, both better, (and more experienced) at this time than onuaha

nedum is city though and though so i'd be gutted if he got dropped, especially as he has been in great form since he got back in the team. imoa he will be a legend if he stays at city, and he has the potential to better than both toure and lescott

dw7 said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
stonie said:
informed today by a friend of lescotts agent that lescott WILL be a city player( i know, a friend of a friend and that,just what i have been told this afternoon)....as will tevez

Lol .
We'll have to wait and see won't we :o)
IF he does sign will you still come on here

why wouldnt i??

To be honest, if we signed Lescott, i'd prefer it if he was played at left back. He's got a surprisingly good cross on him, is pretty comfortable on the ball and is better when faced with 1-on-1's than Bridge is. Bridge never stops a cross from coming in, whereas Lescott would be far more solid. Then there's the added bonus of him being better in the air than Bridge which gives us an extra goal threat from set-pieces, but also makes us better at defending set pieces. He would obviously provide cover at centre back if needed, but i prefer him at full-back. I'd have Onuoha and Kompany in the centre and let Zabaleta and Richards scrap it out for right back. If Dunne leaves, Toure would come in to compete for a centre back spot. Job's a good'un.

given

zabaleta kompany toure/onuha lescott

de jong/barry

wright-phillips irland robinho

tevez

eto'o

this is how we could line up if what the papers say is right an i would love to see that teamout for city

Hope this one comes off, be a good player to have for both centre half and left back and scores a lot for a defender which we haven't had since Steve Howey.

Tricky_Trev said:
To be honest, if we signed Lescott, i'd prefer it if he was played at left back. He's got a surprisingly good cross on him, is pretty comfortable on the ball and is better when faced with 1-on-1's than Bridge is. Bridge never stops a cross from coming in, whereas Lescott would be far more solid. Then there's the added bonus of him being better in the air than Bridge which gives us an extra goal threat from set-pieces, but also makes us better at defending set pieces. He would obviously provide cover at centre back if needed, but i prefer him at full-back. I'd have Onuoha and Kompany in the centre and let Zabaleta and Richards scrap it out for right back. If Dunne leaves, Toure would come in to compete for a centre back spot. Job's a good'un.
Dn't agree with you there mate. Bridge is by far the superior LB (a position Lescott isn't that keen on by all accounts) When Lescott comes he will be CB. What I find with Bridge is that he seems to get caught in two minds a lot because he's not getting any supportive cover. Seems to find himself 2 against 1, something which I think will be solved now we've signed Barry. Going forward aswell, well Bridge gets himself in some great positions works well on the overlap and IMO has an excellent delivery. So that's it sorted '.....Bridge with the cross....LESCOTT!!!!!!! His header finds the back of the net!'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.