Lescott [Merged]

wrongun73 said:
Tarnats left peg said:
a lescott onuoha partnership sounds better than a toure onuoha to me. hughes said nobody would be leaving until he brings players in, so if the dunne rumours are to be believed maybe this deal isn't so far away
what about toure/lescott partnership, both better, (and more experienced) at this time than onuaha

Onuoha is class

He is strong and reads the game brilliantly(which you cannot coach)

This season he has done that thing where he is first to the ball when a forward is near him

He is a clever player and I think he will be a future star

English and academy product and intelligent this kid is gold for me

LittleJoeMac82 said:
Tricky_Trev said:
To be honest, if we signed Lescott, i'd prefer it if he was played at left back. He's got a surprisingly good cross on him, is pretty comfortable on the ball and is better when faced with 1-on-1's than Bridge is. Bridge never stops a cross from coming in, whereas Lescott would be far more solid. Then there's the added bonus of him being better in the air than Bridge which gives us an extra goal threat from set-pieces, but also makes us better at defending set pieces. He would obviously provide cover at centre back if needed, but i prefer him at full-back. I'd have Onuoha and Kompany in the centre and let Zabaleta and Richards scrap it out for right back. If Dunne leaves, Toure would come in to compete for a centre back spot. Job's a good'un.
Dn't agree with you there mate. Bridge is by far the superior LB (a position Lescott isn't that keen on by all accounts) When Lescott comes he will be CB. What I find with Bridge is that he seems to get caught in two minds a lot because he's not getting any supportive cover. Seems to find himself 2 against 1, something which I think will be solved now we've signed Barry. Going forward aswell, well Bridge gets himself in some great positions works well on the overlap and IMO has an excellent delivery. So that's it sorted '.....Bridge with the cross....LESCOTT!!!!!!! His header finds the back of the net!'

i think bridge--or whoever plays left back--will look a LOT better with the cover that Barry provides... and Robinho will be free to roam. as far as i'm concerned Barry will likely be our most important signing of the summer even if we get Tevez.

agree on Onuoha though he's not just athletic he's smart. i think lescott should play center half, with Nedum and Vinnie fighting over the other spot.

Any more news??

I think its great people are arguing over who should start for us now, it shows we have a good group of players

bbc are reprting that everton are goin to fend off any bids from us....this suggests we've not even put a bid in for the player yet

jackschollar said:
bbc are reprting that everton are goin to fend off any bids from us....this suggests we've not even put a bid in for the player yet

If we bid enough we will get him, but I trust Cookie to do the right thing money wise. Lescott would be a quality buy, but If they ask for too much there are other center backs.

RobinJo said:
Zab - Onuoha - Kompany - Lescott

I'd like that.

It would be a good back 4, but I am pretty sure that Lescott is being bought primarily as a centre back.

I am one of the few posters on BM who still rates Bridge, it seems...

Braggster said:
RobinJo said:

I'd like that.

It would be a good back 4, but I am pretty sure that Lescott is being bought primarily as a centre back.

i like Bridge, hes a solid left back, lescott would be centre back no question

Braggster said:
RobinJo said:

I'd like that.

I currently don't think Bridge is up to it, but I hope he changes my mind.

Not forgetting this is a left back who came out and said 'I'm better than Ashley Cole'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.