Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
paul_blue said:
stu9488 said:
I cant and Won't comment about the players supposed Knee problems. The difference between a formal bid and and the ones which have been rejected already are ......2 bids that we put in were to see what if any chance there was in speaking with the player. Everton rejected so we wait. Transfer request goes in so we are told to put a value on the player (thus doing it properly) we make that valuation and the club takes that to the table. If Everton accepted one of the earlier bids, we would not have to look at the Medical information we just get the player through a medical, but this one as you can imagine is slightly more difficult so it has to be done properly and within prem rules.

when it's been completed can you tell us what your valuation is please?

I very much doubt that, if it is to be disclosed then I will be able to bring it to you here first, but thats unlikely.

stu9488 said:
markbmcfc said:
OK So, the medical team make this valuation based purely on medical/physical information and not based on the ability of the player in question? I can understand that to a point.

However, playing devils advocate here, how is that value defined if its not based on player ability. Does that mean, for example, if Tal Ben Haim is physically far more impressive than say, Leo Messi. Would you then tell the powers that be that Ben Haim has a higher value than Messi?

We make our valuation then the powers that be (manager included) will add to that on the basis of shirt sales and marketing and as you have correctly stated the players overall footballing ability, thats the job of chief scout and the management staff.

Thanks Stu that's insightfull. Makes me wonder how we signed Louis Saha...

stu9488 said:
I cant and Won't comment about the players supposed Knee problems. The difference between a formal bid and and the ones which have been rejected already are ......2 bids that we put in were to see what if any chance there was in speaking with the player. Everton rejected so we wait. Transfer request goes in so we are told to put a value on the player (thus doing it properly) we make that valuation and the club takes that to the table. If Everton accepted one of the earlier bids, we would not have to look at the Medical information we just get the player through a medical, but this one as you can imagine is slightly more difficult so it has to be done properly and within prem rules.
Ah right. It's clicked now. I see what you mean. So the info you provide to the club, and all the recommendations attributed to that info is essentially used as a bargaining tool. Everton will say they want more money, then we say "fuck off. Stu's data reveals x, y and z. Therefore he's worth no more than £20m. We aint budging. Deal with it."

EFCJONO said:
stu9488 said:
We make our valuation then the powers that be (manager included) will add to that on the basis of shirt sales and marketing and as you have correctly stated the players overall footballing ability, thats the job of chief scout and the management staff.

and apparantly you turned down 8 mill for him

I dont work for an agency no. Nor a Hospital, im part of MCFC Sports Science, we work within the medical department, mainly dealing with fitness and dieting, but during close season we help with medicals etc.

meldrew said:
Gwladiator said:
Valuation means nothing.

Lescott isn't worth the £18m we rejected.

It's about what we (Everton) will accept.

The thing is, he is worth 12-15 MAX!

They say were killing football, well it's clubs like Everton, ripping us off that are making the situation a whole lot worse!

When you have already offered silly fees for player can you blame us for wanting to get the best deal we can get for a player we don't need to sell?

stu9488 said:
I dont work for an agency no. Nor a Hospital, im part of MCFC Sports Science, we work within the medical department, mainly dealing with fitness and dieting, but during close season we help with medicals etc.
cheers mate enough prying from me, just that this now gives a clear picture of what you do and who you do it for. so any non believers can clearly see you do not talk bollocks, thanks again mate and keep up the posting, everytime i read them a signing is just around the corner.

Tricky_Trev said:
stu9488 said:
Ah right. It's clicked now. I see what you mean. So the info you provide to the club, and all the recommendations attributed to that info is essentially used as a bargaining tool. Everton will say they want more money, then we say "fuck off. Stu's data reveals x, y and z. Therefore he's worth no more than £20m. We aint budging. Deal with it."

haha in a nutshell yes. I very much doubt my name is in there though haha I deal with a tiny part of this process.

BlueMooner87 said:
EFCJONO said:
and apparantly you turned down 8 mill for him

Yeah but we are selling no one remember!!!, nor buying anyone as it now seems. I'll have £5 that Michael Ball ends up back at EFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.