Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: official move for Lescott today...

Marvin said:
Kinky by name said:
SWPISHOME said:
£18m is a good price for Lescott when you think of some of the prices for players these days, Pitty Everton dont take £12m and Jo, Lescott is a quality defender hopefully he joins us.

12 is nearer the cash bid as I understand it; dunno about the makeweight - I am strongly compelled to believe that JL would now have to change his mind in order for this NOT to happen
Strongly compelled to believe - sounds almost religious. Certainly promising
I wasn't too keen on this deal when it was mentioned by Spursmad, but perhaps that's because I like dunnie. Met him in the top tier of the Old Kippax Stand at a supporters event, and he was a really nice guy. Always defended him, and he had a lot of critics when he first arrived, but has won most fans around. On reflection I hope we sign Lescott, but keep Dunne. I think he may want to move on.

Yeah I agree the information sounds true, thanks Kinky by name

Marvin said:
I thought it would be a quiet day today after Santa Cruz. Wrong again!

Lescott is a good player, and for a defender he scores lots of goals. he's versatile, but I'm not sure that this improves a 1st 11 that much. Improves the squad.

£18 Million is a lot of money for a defender, but I've been thinking what better defenders are there out there? None in the Premiership that would be available. Centre-half is not a position you can gamble with. I know Arsenal have bought a Dutch centre-half, but the defending in the premiership is a lot more physical than it is on the continent. I wouldn't want to be bringing in a none-Premiership player to play in a key position like that.

Now we will have to see Everton's response. Moyes has previously indicated the player is not for sale, but if he wants to go, then that changes matters. They also have Jagielka & Yobo so it might make sense for Everton to sell, and strengthen the team elsewhere

i made the exact same point earlier, and i think you are bob on, 18m for lescott 2 seasons ago would have had us all in stitches,, but in todays inflated market,for proven quality i think we could do a lot worse, ps would like jagielka as well tho.

I didn't realize there were PM's on offer. Me too!!! :-)

Hope we get him, class defender. Also along with Santa Cruz we might even start scoring from corners & freekicks again!

Kinky by name said:
Pam said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
manchestermooner said:
How about £16Million + Richards (Year loan)

It's straight cash - Lescott has now told Everton he wants to go.

Says who? Where are the links?

there are no links on this but there is valuable info

Well if it's so valuable, why can't it be sourced? How can people know the value of information if nobody knows where that information came from in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.